Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG TSLA @ $202 :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love their cars, HATE their stock.... I am too old to handle the whipsaw effect and this stock has been too volatile for me. I am out and no matter how hard it tempts me, I will NOT jump back in. I lost the equivalent of my first year's salary after college graduation this time around. You task me Tesla........ But I LOVE my car! Hang in there baby!!!!

Tesla stock is a young man's game!

What do you think will happen to the SP if Tesla misses Q2 deliveries and guidance, i.e., is a Q2 miss already priced into the $200 SP or could it be worse ?

Nothing is ever priced in with TSLA it seems. There’s just no bottom when bad news consistently hits. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any positives (besides some distant FSD predictions that the market could not care less about) coming out of Tesla regarding production/delivery to counteract this trend.
Miss Q2 will lower the SP even more IMO.

The company needs a new CEO.

I don't think it really matters who is running the company. There are a lot of losers if EVs take off and very few winners. The winners will be full EV manufacturers and EV drivers. The losers are ICE manufacturers, dealerships, oil companies, ICE shop mechanics, oil change shops, shorts etc, etc. That's just the list I can think of.

The losers are going to bitch and moan all the way home. Toyota said they would never create a full EV car but now they are coming out with a full EV Prius. It's because M3 bitch slapped them in the face all without advertising.

Tesla probably needs Elon Musk's popularity. How many people who the CEOs of Audi, Toyota, Nissan, etc? How many people are talking about Audi's CEO who went to jail? Nobody, and yet Elon sends out a single tweet Tesla is all over the news. It may be bad news but it's free advertisement.

Anyway I could go on and on.

The stock is sadly in a death spiral. All auto stocks are taking a beating this quarter but TSLA seems to be especially sensitive to bad news, all while China is digging in. As others have called for, get rid of Musk, stop concentrating on pipe dreams like boring companies, robo taxis, car insurace etc and concentrate on the actual auto company. Likely heading to $160.

The stock is sadly in a death spiral. All auto stocks are taking a beating this quarter but TSLA seems to be especially sensitive to bad news, all while China is digging in. As others have called for, get rid of Musk, stop concentrating on pipe dreams like boring companies, robo taxis, car insurace etc and concentrate on the actual auto company. Likely heading to $160.

I agree. They need to get to being a cash cow as an EV car maker first before thinking about all those other distant goals. Elon needs to take it one step at a time. But, I’m not entirely sure of the motives for those “pipe dreams.”

Reactions: evalst2018
I agree. They need to get to being a cash cow as an EV car maker first before thinking about all those other distant goals. Elon needs to take it one step at a time. But, I’m not entirely sure of the motives for those “pipe dreams.”

Elon needs to take a lot of steps, all of them in the same direction, i.e. out the door.

He’s no good as a CEO, he’s miserable in that position and will never be enough of a “people person” to empower and inspire those around him to manage things properly. He should let someone else run the show, listen to some experts every so often and generally chill and just lock himself into a room with a bunch of geeks every now and then and come up with ideas, solutions and all kinds of cool stuff. Doing that, while having to answer to management and stockholders other than himself (i.e. being forced into that quaint thing called teamwork and having to be mindful of further quaint things such as cost and profits) will be vastly more productive and beneficial to both Tesla and Musk himself.

The current price of the stock isn't based on what Elon is doing or planning on doing. It's because fund managers are following the heard. A few fund managers start selling their stock and more and more of the fund managers are going to sell because they don't want to look stupid buying Tesla stock when everyone else is running away.

Eventually the price will bottom out and the reverse will happen. All of a sudden fund managers are going to start buying and more and more fund managers are going to run to Tesla stock which will increase the price.

If you are a buyer this is the best time to buy Tesla stock. If you need to sell your stock then it's a terrible time for you.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
I have a bunch at $330, when the price went up to $380, I was super close to selling. That was when Elon proclaimed that he was going private, and "funding was already secured", and shares would be bought out at $400. Well, nodding like that happened, and here we are, at $202. When the price was $220, I was tempted to buy more shares, but didn't do it.

• Informative
Reactions: TradingInvest
Some funny takes in this thread. If you think TSLA is low now, wait until you see TSLA without Elon.
I love Elon but he’s constantly writing checks the company can’t cash
Why in the world did they spend all that R&D money on a semi truck? Even if they get it to market it won’t be a high margin product. Not to mention theres so much investment needed just to attract customers.
Robo taxis? Come on! People need to wake up and smell the coffee, full self driving will NOT be accomplished by a company without government support and cooperation. And let’s be honest if the government needs to be involved well then go ahead and multiply that “someday” time frame by two

He’s a great visionary but he’s not the right person to lead Tesla.

Why in the world did they spend all that R&D money on a semi truck? Even if they get it to market it won’t be a high margin product. Not to mention theres so much investment needed just to attract customers.
Robo taxis? Come on! People need to wake up and smell the coffee, full self driving will NOT be accomplished by a company without government support and cooperation. And let’s be honest if the government needs to be involved well then go ahead and multiply that “someday” time frame by two

Those are good points. Playing devils advocate here, he is a billionaire and we aren't. At least I'm not, you might be :)

• Funny
Reactions: Matias

Actually I think a self driving truck has a better chance of being real than robo-taxis, and the market is crying for it. Long distance haulage has taken a pounding from regulations restricting how long drivers can go for, plus (and I didn't know this until recently) there's a shortage of drivers in this business, and they're an aging population as young-un's don't want to get into the business.

I agree they spread themselves too thinly and need more focus, but trucking might be a winner.