TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

On 17.26.76 now. Another Update?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RYCO, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RYCO

RYCO Member

I am on 17.26.76 now, 2016 S90D auto pilot ver1. I just got a notification of a new update, my car is at the dealer. Anyone know what it is?

2. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Or more broadly, why would there be an update every week for a month?

This release strategy isn't just annoying, in the case of Autopilot, it's dangerous. Constantly changing where the system is capable will be trouble. I won't be surprised when this leads to an accident in some area the owner has used AP previously and never had a problem.

And yes, the driver will be at fault because he is supposed to be driving in perfect synchronization with the car with both hands on the wheel. :rolleyes:

But here's an idea: Tesla could do the testing rather than the public at large. This BS kills a minivan of people who have never even heard of Tesla, and there will be hell to pay.

• Disagree x 3
  3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

It is likely 2017.28 c528869

Another thread here on it. Definitely improved lane changing.

4. RYCO

RYCO Member

Cool. Thanks.

5. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Right. 2017.28 is the most recent and an update to 17.26.76. Not just lane changing. .76 didn't quite work as expected.