Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On 8.5 and sentry mode works but dashcam doesn’t.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also notice that sometimes it just doesn't turn on. But more frustrating is that even when I park the car it keeps recording and so all I end up with is an hour of video of my car sitting in the garage.
On another thread someone said that it records constantly unless the car is asleep. Seems a bit wasteful to keep on when parked and sentry mode is not on.

But if it overwrites anything that is more than an hour old, how does one ever get to look at anything other than their car sitting in the garage? That would seem to make it completely useless.
you manually activate the save feature when driving if you want to save a clip and when sentry mode is on, sentry mode saves clips of activity.

I went to view my sentury mode clips but they do not load open or it is not being recorded. I have tested it by leaving my phone in home and walking and looking threw window to simulate someone view outside the car and that the info screen mentions being recorded when i look for a file there is nothing.