Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On Being ICEd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People just don't give a @#$%. The only way to fix the problem is to enforce fines and towing the same way it's done for handicapped spots.

At work we have 2 EV charging spots, all I see there are small non-EV econoboxes.
Now, I could understand if they didn't see the EV-parking spot sign, but come-on what about the big green parking space on the floor, and the whole wall is painted green (there are only 2 spaces painted green, out of 4 stories of garage). I guess that must mean "please park here!"

The other day, I noticed a woman with a handicapped placecard parked in an EV spot, while sitting in the car. At first, I thought "well, I guess that borders on being acceptable, as she is handicapped". Then I looked around, and noticed about 3 handicapped spaces open within 15' of the EV charging spot and thought some not nice things to myself. [she can't stand idling at a handicapped spot, even with a handicapped license plate. That's a ticket-able offense. A handicapped coworker of mine got a ticket for that. Either park and get out of the car, or wait in a non-handicapped spot]

Last edited:
People just don't give a @#$%. The only way to fix the problem is to enforce fines and towing the same way it's done for handicapped spots.

At work we have 2 EV charging spots, all I see there are small non-EV econoboxes.
Now, I could understand if they didn't see the EV-parking sport sign, but common what about the big green parking space on the floor, and the whole wall is painted green (there are only 2 spaces painted green, out of 4 stories of garage). I guess that must mean "please park here!"

The other day, I noticed a woman with a handicapped placecard parked in an EV spot, while sitting in the car. At first, I thought "well, I guess that borders on being acceptable, as she is handicapped". Then I looked around, and noticed about 3 handicapped spaces open within 15' of the EV charging spot and thought some not nice things to myself. [she can't stand idling at a handicapped spot, even with a handicapped license plate. That's a ticket-able offense. A handicapped coworker of mine got a ticket for that. Either park and get out of the car, or wait in a non-handicapped spot]
not all places have the codes or laws prohibiting ICING on the books, if there are no laws for the cops to enforce there really isn't much that they can do. in many places the cops will not bother with this [to them] low priority issue.

Someone stuck this note under the wiper of a minivan iceing a spot at a Fred Meyers.
KIMG0053.jpg

Now, I could understand if they didn't see the EV-parking spot sign, but come-on what about the big green parking space on the floor, and the whole wall is painted green (there are only 2 spaces painted green, out of 4 stories of garage). I guess that must mean "please park here!"

Just pour boiling water over it and it will melt!

COMEDY - Do Not Read.

Blue Painters tape does not affect car finishes. I used it for temporary racing numbers for many years. Get a roll of 2" tape and keep it handy.
Tape their fuel doors closed.

It won't hurt anything, takes just seconds to remove tape, but might make them think why somebody taped their fuel door.