TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

On Being ICEd

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Patrick W, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

A semi-serious look at the problem of being ICEd:

2. Max*

Max* Not Banned

#2 Max*, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    People just don't give a @#$%. The only way to fix the problem is to enforce fines and towing the same way it's done for handicapped spots.

At work we have 2 EV charging spots, all I see there are small non-EV econoboxes.
    Now, I could understand if they didn't see the EV-parking spot sign, but come-on what about the big green parking space on the floor, and the whole wall is painted green (there are only 2 spaces painted green, out of 4 stories of garage). I guess that must mean "please park here!"

The other day, I noticed a woman with a handicapped placecard parked in an EV spot, while sitting in the car. At first, I thought "well, I guess that borders on being acceptable, as she is handicapped". Then I looked around, and noticed about 3 handicapped spaces open within 15' of the EV charging spot and thought some not nice things to myself. [she can't stand idling at a handicapped spot, even with a handicapped license plate. That's a ticket-able offense. A handicapped coworker of mine got a ticket for that. Either park and get out of the car, or wait in a non-handicapped spot]

• Like x 2
  3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

not all places have the codes or laws prohibiting ICING on the books, if there are no laws for the cops to enforce there really isn't much that they can do. in many places the cops will not bother with this [to them] low priority issue.

4. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

Someone stuck this note under the wiper of a minivan iceing a spot at a Fred Meyers. KIMG0053.jpg

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

@iwannam3 , shame on you! for stealing that note. ;)

6. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

I tucked it right back under the wiper. I did drape the charging cord across the windshield of the ICER parked in the other spot. At a minimum they have to more the cord.

7. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Just pour boiling water over it and it will melt!

8. McRat

McRat Active Member

It's even worse when it's an EV who isn't charging. They just want the spot. They should know better.

• Like x 1
  9. McRat

McRat Active Member

COMEDY - Do Not Read.

Blue Painters tape does not affect car finishes. I used it for temporary racing numbers for many years. Get a roll of 2" tape and keep it handy.
    Tape their fuel doors closed.

It won't hurt anything, takes just seconds to remove tape, but might make them think why somebody taped their fuel door.