Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On coming flashers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Car is a month old and I get flashed all the time. I’m going to get mine checked too but not driving all the way to Leeds. Do all MOT centres have the equipment for alignment ?

also, auto high beam has never activated for some reason, although it’s switched on.

Do all MOT centres have the equipment for alignment ?

Yes, its an MOT requirement so they all have the necessary equipment to check alignment.

also, auto high beam has never activated for some reason, although it’s switched on.

Ambient lighting or road signs may be causing that. If you think you are in pitch dark, flash them (pull stalk towards you rather than away) to see if they actually do work. If its a problem driving without high beam, you can turn off auto mode. After last software updates, they do a pretty decent job most of the time.

I’ve just been to an MOT station and checked the lights (for free!). They were spot on.

Maybe they are just bright for some oncoming motorists.

high beam works manually but never seems to come on auto. I find the lights pretty good though

• Informative
Reactions: pow216
I’ve just been to an MOT station and checked the lights (for free!). They were spot on.

Maybe they are just bright for some oncoming motorists.

high beam works manually but never seems to come on auto. I find the lights pretty good though

This morning I've just done the same, popped into a near(ish) MOT center and they kindly checked it out for free.

In my case the lights were aimed a little high so we lowered them. Hopefully that's done the trick.

Thanks again all.

Reactions: Roy W.
I think some motorists just won’t tolerate the brightness of LED headlights.

I’ve never been flashed (so far) in the Model 3, both here in the UK and driving in France, but I was regularly flashed in the Kona electric. I had the Kona lights checked and they were well within spec.

Reactions: Banksy888
Just gone into the "Service" menu on my Model 3 and chose the headlight adjustment option.

Helpfully, it displayed a message saying it's meant to be used by trained service personnel, whilst it did stuff with the headlights at the same time. I would've cancelled out of the option had I had a chance to see the message first!

Figured as it has done something already I might as well just lower them. Have gone as low as the option will allow. Will adjust further if needed.

Hopefully a silly question, but once you have the auto function enabled, you have actually turned on the high-beam in the usual way?

The function is to auto-dip from the high-beam when necessary, not to go to high-beam from dipped...

I came here searching for this as mine weren’t auto high beaming, or whatever you should call it. Thanks

Reactions: Mark_T