Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Below is my complaint to Regal Riverside Hotel:

Attention: General Manager, Regal Riverside Hotel

Dear Sir,

I visited your Avanti Pizzeria restaurant around 6:30pm 21 Nov 2015. I drove my Tesla Model S to the basement car park. At that time, I noticed that there were designated car parking spaces with Tesla Logo / electric vehicles. All of them were unoccupied. I therefore asked your car park attendant whether I could park my Tesla there. However, my request was rejected right the way.

Upon finished my dinner at Avanti Pizzeria around 8:00pm. I found that all those designated Tesla car parking spaces were fully occupied by ICE (petrol cars). I feel very strange about your car parking arrangements. All these designated car parks are equipped with Tesla Wall connector chargers and clearly marked for electric vehicles parking.

Could you please explain why my parking request was rejected? Bearing in mind, I was driving a Tesla at that time. I have taken a few photos about the above. If situation warrants, I would send these photos to Tesla HK office and the media as well. Meanwhile, I will advise the members in Tesla Motors Club to keep an eye on this situation.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Will give an update upon reply is received.

Regal River Side Hotel, Shatin

Below is the reply from the Hotel in relation to my email #321 complaint earlier:

First of all, thank you for your continuous support to Regal Riverside Hotel and taking time to provide us your valuable comments. After receiving your email, I have instructed the concerned departments to carry out thorough investigation and review our operation procedures. We come to know that some of our staff are not familiar with the Tesla car and caused the miscommunications. We have intended these stalls for Tesla cars are to be used only as a last resort for normal cars if there are no Tesla cars late in the evening. We will reinforce our internal training and enhance the product knowledge to avoid similar reoccurrence.

lx3h, please add this to the Tesla friendly car park.

Below is the reply from the Hotel in relation to my email #321 complaint earlier:

First of all, thank you for your continuous support to Regal Riverside Hotel and taking time to provide us your valuable comments. After receiving your email, I have instructed the concerned departments to carry out thorough investigation and review our operation procedures. We come to know that some of our staff are not familiar with the Tesla car and caused the miscommunications. We have intended these stalls for Tesla cars are to be used only as a last resort for normal cars if there are no Tesla cars late in the evening. We will reinforce our internal training and enhance the product knowledge to avoid similar reoccurrence.

lx3h, please add this to the Tesla friendly car park.

Thank you jsiu! Sad to hear about your hotel visit. I would ask the staff to stick his nose to my logo and rear chrome trim and spell out those words before they reject me again.

Last edited:
I was directed to the hotel level once which involved going through a spiral similar to Windsor House, for maybe 1-2 levels. Although I wasn't driving a Model S on that occasion and didn't face oncoming traffic, I have doubts whether two cars can fit through that spiral especially given the Tesla's width.

did you mean the "shared" ramp? i've never gone past the gate for hotel car park but the shared ramp should be wide enough (there are minicoaches for the hotel). the mall car park has tight ramp but id guess its managable with care.

TKO Po Lam Shopping Centre car park

Property Locator

Model S friendly car park though no charging facilities provided, both exit and entrance are wide enough for Model S. Total 3 storeys, G/F-2/F. Parking space a bit tight but there will be more vacant spaces on the 2/F so that it will be no difficulties in finding a good space to park. Free parking for any spending over $200 hundred.

Po Lam Car Park Added

Property Locator

Model S friendly car park though no charging facilities provided, both exit and entrance are wide enough for Model S. Total 3 storeys, G/F-2/F. Parking space a bit tight but there will be more vacant spaces on the 2/F so that it will be no difficulties in finding a good space to park. Free parking for any spending over $200 hundred.

Po Lam Car Park Added, thanks to jsiu

Tokwawan Grand Waterfront car park - very spacious to take in Model S comfortably. No charging tho.
Hammer Hill 32 Fund Shing Street - King Shan Court car park - very sharp turn to go to Hourly parking at B1. Only a few cm left if you dare. Not recommended

Grand Waterfront car park Added, King Shan Court car park blacklisted

Tokwawan Grand Waterfront car park - very spacious to take in Model S comfortably. No charging tho.
Hammer Hill 32 Fund Shing Street - King Shan Court car park - very sharp turn to go to Hourly parking at B1. Only a few cm left if you dare. Not recommended

Grand Waterfront car park Added, King Shan Court car park blacklisted, thanks to erikku80