TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by lx3h, Aug 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk's Director of Education

Addded with thanks

2. lx3h

Corrected with thanks

3. lx3h

blacklisted with thanks

4. lx3h

Could you please pinpoint these chargers on Google Map for me?

Thanks.

5. lx3h

I am not able to find the entrance on Google Map Street View, do you have an idea where exactly is the car park opening is?

6. lx3h

updated with thanks, however, your photos no longer exist

7. wombat

wombat Member

8. lx3h

Added with thanks!

9. lx3h

10. dlty

dlty Member

Row 2 is exactly where your pin is!

11. dlty

dlty Member

New chargers at Hong Kong Country Club. This is a members' and their guests only car park. Four Tesla installed medium speed chargers started trial operations on 20 July 2016. Limited to free charging for two hours after which you are asked to move away to make available the spot for others.

Google 地圖

12. lx3h

Added with thanks

13. lx3h

Added with thanks

14. mattse

mattse Member

I went to Plaza Hollywood Car Park (Diamond Hill) few days ago, the map said "32A (3 phase) x 3; 13A x 8" but I could only charge at 32A (1 phase). All other info in the map is correct. Thanks for the great work~

15. lx3h

Updated with thanks

16. jsiu

jsiu Member

Regal Riverside Hotel - Destination Charging

Below are my recent email exchanges with the hotel:
    ************************************************************************************
    Dear Sir,

HNY 2017.

I visited your AVANTI PIZZERIA on 18 Jan 2017 in the evening around 18:00pm. Same as before, I parked my Tesla in your basement carpark. Regrettably, all the Tesla charging slots were occupied by petrol cars while there were plenty of empty parking spaces in your car park. I fully understand that car park spaces could be sought after in the peak hours. However, for situation similar to that evening when there were many empty parking spaces, could you consider reserving one or two charging slots for the electric vehicle?

Fortunately, my Tesla did not need immediate charging in that evening and I simply parked my car in other empty spaces.

Regards,

*************************************************************************************

Their reply from Regal Riverside Hotel was

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Dear Sir

Thank you for your email and your great support to Regal Riverside Hotel is truly appreciated. Your constructive comments are duly noted, since our car parking is a self-service basis, we shall ask for better cooperation from the non-electric car owners to respect the users of Tesla stalls.

Wishing you a prosperous Year of the Rooster and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Clearly, the reply from the hotel management is no better than our beloved Transport Department about ICE occupation of charging slots in government public car parks.

17. lx3h

Thank you jsiu, for writing to the hotel and keeping this thread alive.

18. canon

canon Member

For parking at North Point Government Offices, I read previous post and understand that the entrance and exit was wide enough for both MS and MX. However,chargers are at the basement floor. There is unused gate which narrowed the ramp leading to the basement. Can anyone share his experience in driving down to the basement?

19. Chong

Chong Member

The entrance and exit are wide enough for MS. You are right. As your turn down to the basement, the unused gate is very narrow. You have to be extra careful when go down and coming out as our MS back is wider than the front. My face lifted MS does not charge with any of the chargers there. In fact, my FL MS doesn't charge with any of the 32A chargers by "EVPOWER". The ones at star ferry carpark are also by EVPOWER. EV LINK chargers work though. So if you intend to park there to charge, you have to content with the 13A chargers (useless as it puts in only 9km per hr). Or drive further down the road to Lincoln House SCs. Hope this helps.