Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried Murray Road Wilson parking using IEC mode 3, IEC charging spaces coned off, not spacious enough, would be tight for 2 MS between columns. Connection via app to the car didn't work (SC provided the notification to my phone app?) so don't know what rate of charging, I guess 32A.

Used charging at One Peking Road TST today. One charging space BEFORE entrance to carpark. Need to inform management who will unlock the protective railing and start the charging with his fob key. Thoughts of free parking were dashed when he said I needed to go to the schroff office to collect my parking ticket and pay the standard parking fee of $24 per hr (rising to $28 as of Jan 1). At least it's a protected space and they let me in even tho the carpark was full. Mode 2 and 13A socket available but only got 16A from mode 2. Also tried in star ferry with same result, I may need to check the setting in the car in case it has been turned down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also parked at Oxford House Carpark in Tai Koo yesterday. 2 spaces. Not coned off, 13A only but wide spaces. Charged next to an i3.

Just tried Murray Road Wilson parking using IEC mode 3, IEC charging spaces coned off, not spacious enough, would be tight for 2 MS between columns. Connection via app to the car didn't work (SC provided the notification to my phone app?) so don't know what rate of charging, I guess 32A.

3fiftynine. Thanks. Then I guess I won't go with this car park, but it won't be on blacklist either.

For Megabox, did you add to go to the basement, straight ahead for going down, rather than left turn for upstairs?

Once I was there, there was a line to get in. I took the outside lane in front of the queue, while the parking guard was waving us away, my wife shouted to him it is an electric car - and suddenly we were welcome, guided in front of the line to go downstairs. VIP service indeed. I hope they soon learn the looks of the Model S, no need to should electric car any more.

For Megabox, did you add to go to the basement, straight ahead for going down, rather than left turn for upstairs?

Once I was there, there was a line to get in. I took the outside lane in front of the queue, while the parking guard was waving us away, my wife shouted to him it is an electric car - and suddenly we were welcome, guided in front of the line to go downstairs. VIP service indeed. I hope they soon learn the looks of the Model S, no need to should electric car any more.

DITB, added your comments there too! Thanks! Personal comments and tips are always excellent!

Rhine Garden Parking Lot:
42 Castle Peak Road (Ting Kau)
Hong Kong
22.367938, 114.061018

Google Maps

- Very narrow entry, I had to press the "fold mirrors" button to make it past the Octopus reader
- Few spots, narrow access for both directions, can be ie blocked in by other traffic on dead end access (we were there New Years Eve, and were lucky to get the last spot, maybe other days are OK)
- No charging facilities (we didn't need it anyway)

Haven't tried other lots in this area. It works, but isn't great for a Model S for sure.

Rhine Garden Parking Lot:
42 Castle Peak Road (Ting Kau)
Hong Kong
22.367938, 114.061018

Google Maps

- Very narrow entry, I had to press the "fold mirrors" button to make it past the Octopus reader
- Few spots, narrow access for both directions, can be ie blocked in by other traffic on dead end access (we were there New Years Eve, and were lucky to get the last spot, maybe other days are OK)
- No charging facilities (we didn't need it anyway)

Haven't tried other lots in this area. It works, but isn't great for a Model S for sure.

Then it is going to my Blacklist.
[On-Going] Model S-Unfriendly Car Park List Blacklist