Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious. Has anyone come across a car park that does not use a 13A connector? So far, the places I wanted to charge have 13A only. To do 13A, you unfortunately have to buy another cable which is a steep $3700 as previously mentioned. I'm thinking about the 13A cable but not sure if you recoup the costs... I'm not sure why Tesla couldn't give us both cables? The cable that came with the car remains in it original packaging cause I can't find a lot to use it at. Times Sq and Cyberport are 13A. Getting the right connector is important as you get free parking at some of the lots but you must be charging (Cyberport).

I got the 13A cable the day I took delivery of my car, as I knew I would be using 13A on many occasions.

Most of my electrons so far have come from superchargers (Kai Tak and Hopewell, and a few times from TML). Yet most times I have plugged in, has been to 13A, latest was last night at Megabox (tell them electric car, and you will be allowed to drive to the basement). Excellent parking position, red carpet and all, straight up into the mall. Last time I went there, I didn't know they had chargers, and had to wind myself all the way up to the 14th floor - and down again eventually.

We need to use the chargers as much as possible, also to show management and parking lot workers that the electric cars are coming! We need more than 13A, and so far the CLP 13A are annoying with all the menu steps and octopus authorisation - if they start charging (no pun intended) a surcharge for 13A on top of the normal parking fee, then they can forget it. I don't mind to pay for a ChaDeMo or 3-phase charger, some reasonable amount, but for a charger that takes almost two days to fill my car - I can't be bothered unless it's free.

But keep using the spots, I advise everyone to get a 13A cable. Like Tesla Model S cars in Japan all come with ChaDeMo, so should HK Tesla Model S come with 13A, as those two standards currently dominate those markets.

ChaDeMo would really be the way to go, I believe it works for almost all current and upcoming EVs, including some motorcycles. If I controlled a parking lot, ChaDeMo would be my bet (maybe supplied with a number of 13A/32A for long term parking and smaller vehicles).

One Peaking at Tsim Sha Tsui has 1 charging station with 13A ( I believe, but not sure because havent try it before), has cone / chain to hold that charging spot. It is quit easy to find that spot with green wall.
The New Town Plaza 1 has one 13A charging spot at B1 ( NOT B2), however, that spot might be parked with ICE car over there. Suggest who has air suspension raise the car to highest.

Hope this info helping.

Miramar Shopping Centre carpark, Tsim Sha Tsui
Spacious
4 x 13amp BS1363 sockets operated by CLP
all 4 bays coned off, and 2 bays explicitly mentioned for EV charging only (when I returned, one bay which was coned off, but not explicitly mentioned for EV charging, was ICEd)
Octopus Card required to start charging, but still free at the moment

Miramar Shopping Centre carpark, Tsim Sha Tsui
Spacious
4 x 13amp BS1363 sockets operated by CLP
all 4 bays coned off, and 2 bays explicitly mentioned for EV charging only (when I returned, one bay which was coned off, but not explicitly mentioned for EV charging, was ICEd)
Octopus Card required to start charging, but still free at the moment

+1 on this.

One other comment - the octopus station for a couple of the parking bays is the other side of a big column and not obvious at all. I had a hell of a time switching sockets, and pushing buttons trying to get it to work, before the security guard pointed out the octopus box round the corner.

+1 on this.

One other comment - the octopus station for a couple of the parking bays is the other side of a big column and not obvious at all. I had a hell of a time switching sockets, and pushing buttons trying to get it to work, before the security guard pointed out the octopus box round the corner.

Miramar Shopping Mall added with comments.

Yau Ma Tei Carpark (hope the embed shows up). They have EV bays (which are generally taken by ICE cars), the ramps are wide and though some of the parking spots are quite snug (particularly some of those on the way down), the ones on the way up are adequate for MS with wiggle room on both sides.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3691.1754340721427!2d114.17039299999998!3d22.30920400000001!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x340400c02bf59375%3A0x5c0055053161a51d!2sYau+Ma+Tei+Carpark+Building+Car+Park!5e0!3m2!1sen!2shk!4v1415075709090" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

Yau Ma Tei Carpark (hope the embed shows up). They have EV bays (which are generally taken by ICE cars), the ramps are wide and though some of the parking spots are quite snug (particularly some of those on the way down), the ones on the way up are adequate for MS with wiggle room on both sides.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3691.1754340721427!2d114.17039299999998!3d22.30920400000001!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x340400c02bf59375%3A0x5c0055053161a51d!2sYau+Ma+Tei+Carpark+Building+Car+Park!5e0!3m2!1sen!2shk!4v1415075709090" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

What kind of current is offered for charging?

- - - Updated - - -

Cyberport Car Park changed to Red Star (Superchargers available)

Rumsey Street Multi-story Car Park in Sheung Wan and Tsuen Wan Multi-story car park are not bad. Both got quite a few 32A chargers and EV spots are coned off. Although that doesn't stop some desperate ICE car drivers to occupy them.

A personal record: 6 type of medicine, just for a runny nose, a little cough and sore throat.

Went to this place, Maritime Square.

Yes there are three spots, each has 13A, with one J1772 to share amongst these three spots. All chargers require EVPower dongle (RFID) to activate, or one can use the E-Charge iOS app to activate it. I have one of these RFIDs but cannot find it (had it so long time before I got the car)

As for "Best car list", this one is quite good. If you are a member of EV-Power, you can even charge. The only critical spot is once you enter. Despite somewhat misleading signs, you need to keep the RIGHT lane or you will be cut off from entering. Once the boom goes up, the turn inside is quite narrow, make sure you do a wide enough turn or the inside of the car will hit the high curb:

Maritime Square Tsing Yi.jpg

Besides that, lots of space inside. One just needs to buy 100 HKD worth of items in the mall to get 2 hour free parking as far as I remember (we went to Taste supermarket).

It's better NOT to enter Maritime Square from the highway - it's a five minute drive up and down and everywhere, just to get to the parking. If you do, be sure NOT to follow the "Station parking" signs, but keep following "Maritime Square P" (most of it is the same direction). Entering from the city side, rather than highway, and it's just inside.

I updated openchargemap.org as well.

I am going to try out Tsing Yi today, as I need to go to the Dox there.

Openchargemap says 3 x 13A chargers.

This

http://www.hkevpower.com/about7.html

says "Semi fast charger". Anyone know the status here? If not, I will report back later with details, also about suitability for Model S.

A personal record: 6 type of medicine, just for a runny nose, a little cough and sore throat.

Went to this place, Maritime Square.

Yes there are three spots, each has 13A, with one J1772 to share amongst these three spots. All chargers require EVPower dongle (RFID) to activate, or one can use the E-Charge iOS app to activate it. I have one of these RFIDs but cannot find it (had it so long time before I got the car)

As for "Best car list", this one is quite good. If you are a member of EV-Power, you can even charge. The only critical spot is once you enter. Despite somewhat misleading signs, you need to keep the RIGHT lane or you will be cut off from entering. Once the boom goes up, the turn inside is quite narrow, make sure you do a wide enough turn or the inside of the car will hit the high curb:

View attachment 64627

Besides that, lots of space inside. One just needs to buy 100 HKD worth of items in the mall to get 2 hour free parking as far as I remember (we went to Taste supermarket).

It's better NOT to enter Maritime Square from the highway - it's a five minute drive up and down and everywhere, just to get to the parking. If you do, be sure NOT to follow the "Station parking" signs, but keep following "Maritime Square P" (most of it is the same direction). Entering from the city side, rather than highway, and it's just inside.

I updated openchargemap.org as well.

Added to Map, thanks DITB!

[On-Going] Best Car Park List

For over a year the IFC Mall carpark had 2 nicely designated EV charging bays with 2 32amp chargers. Until Tesla started deliveries in HK never any car was charging there. For about a month you can see Teslas charging their on a daily basis.
Just now the IFC closed one of the bays and removed one charger. So only one left.
Don't get it, that once the bays are starting to get utilized, they close one.

Just saw tonight, IFC built the second charger again :)