Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3693.JPG

[On-Going] Best Car Park List

No new information but I just wanted to provide another driver's experience and comments on the Star Ferry Car Park:

Plenty of EV charging spots (I estimate two dozen?) but the vast majority are ICEd. There are a few cones around with signs indicating that priority is given to EVs. I moved a cone out of a spot to get into the one charging spot available. (Of note, there was only one Roadster and another Model S charging.) Luckily, that one charging spot available was a Type 2 since most were BS1363. The connector is an EV Power box but I didn't need to use my tag to start charging - just hit the Start button on the box.
The entrance and the parking space itself are a bit tight for Model S but do-able.
But most of all, I like the cost! I entered after 7pm and it was only $14 per hour! In Central!

No new information but I just wanted to provide another driver's experience and comments on the Star Ferry Car Park:

Plenty of EV charging spots (I estimate two dozen?) but the vast majority are ICEd. There are a few cones around with signs indicating that priority is given to EVs. I moved a cone out of a spot to get into the one charging spot available. (Of note, there was only one Roadster and another Model S charging.) Luckily, that one charging spot available was a Type 2 since most were BS1363. The connector is an EV Power box but I didn't need to use my tag to start charging - just hit the Start button on the box.
The entrance and the parking space itself are a bit tight for Model S but do-able.
But most of all, I like the cost! I entered after 7pm and it was only $14 per hour! In Central!

Thanks for the comments! Added comments to map! Keep them coming!

I found that Tesla official supercharger map has new update with some new destination chargers, like Royal Plaza Hotel in Mongkok and L'hotel Island South in Aberdeen.

- - - Updated - - -

The EV chargers Excel from EPD is also updated partially:

http://www.epd.gov.hk/epd/sites/default/files/epd/tc_chi/environmentinhk/air/prob_solutions/files/EV_Charger_Locations_chi_01.xls

China Resource Building Added

China Resources Building Harbour Road Wanchai, not many hourly parking only at bottom floors B3a and B3b. You need to adjust suspension to high it's OK otherwise.

Added with thanks, would be nice to know how much they charge too, and free parking, if any.

- - - Updated - - -

I found that Tesla official supercharger map has new update with some new destination chargers, like Royal Plaza Hotel in Mongkok and L'hotel Island South in Aberdeen.

- - - Updated - - -

The EV chargers Excel from EPD is also updated partially:

http://www.epd.gov.hk/epd/sites/default/files/epd/tc_chi/environmentinhk/air/prob_solutions/files/EV_Charger_Locations_chi_01.xls

Royal Plaza Hotel, Royal Park Hong Kong, L'hotel Island South, L'hotel Elan, Lodgewood by L'hotel Mongkok added with thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you have tried one of these destination chargers at hotel? Is valet charging available at these hotels, i.e. just leave your Tesla at the driveway and it'll get charged (if charger is available)?

According to Tesla's website, valet is needed, $$$$. Details also added to my map