TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

On my way to Model S delivery!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by vapor trail, Oct 7, 2015.

1. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

A few weeks back I decided to take the plunge and order the Model S. At the 11th hour, right before I clicked "order" on the website, my wife suggested I call our sales rep one more time and check on any available inventory models that might match up to our selection. Luck would have it there was a car listed as "inventory," brand new and still on truck getting shipped to the East coast. The specs were almost exactly what we had selected - only difference being white alcantara headliner, where I had chosen black. Plus it came with a nice inventory discount.

I took a quick trip out to the Devon showroom to see the interior color combination in person (tan next gen seats, matte obeche trim, white alcantara headliner) and ended up loving the look, so I placed the order.

Two short weeks later, I'm on way to pick it up! Very excited. This website has been a tremendous resource. Thanks to everyone for contributing! And special thanks to Blanche for the VA referral code (http://ts.la/shourya8562)!

Specs:
    90D
    Deep blue metallic
    Pano sunroof
    Standard 19" rims
    Tan next gen seats
    Matte obeche trim
    White alcantara
    Autopilot
    Premium interior/lighting
    Ultra high fidelity sound
    Subzero weather package

:biggrin:

2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

So lucky for you! When I was ordering mine, there was one very similar, but had piano black instead of matte obeche. It would have had a very small discount of $1200 so I decided to go ahead and order what i really wanted. I also really like the look of the white alcantara with the tan next-gen, but most of the headliners that I'm seeing ordered are black. Our cars will be very special indeed!

3. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Agreed! I think the white headliner is under-rated. It really looks sharp!

4. blanche

blanche Member

I have the white headliner as well and love how it accentuates the negative-space design that tesla went for. Also glad you got to save some money as well. You now owe us some delivery pictures!

5. boofagle

boofagle Member

PICTURES!

6. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Here's the requisite delivery pic! (I hope this works. First time uploading pics to this forum)

tesla delivery1.JPG

Attached Files:

7. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Beautiful! Enjoy!

8. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

Congrats! Love the color choice. :wink:

9. David29

David29 Member

Congrats! Sounds like a lucky call -- your wife's suggestion ended up saving the wait for a new build, as well as some money!
    Looks great, too, and nice photos. Enjoy!

10. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

yes, looks like another Devon Delivery.

Vaporize the memories that freeze the fading past

11. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Good for you, vapor trail! I can't imagine how people can stand the 2-3 month delivery process (I had same experience as you, except the wait was only 3 days, and I was going nuts with that). Or, 2-3 year process for the early S's and now X's. Kudos to you all out there!!

Great colour. I know you'll be very happy.

12. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Thanks everyone!

Question: do you guys see 3 pics with my post or just one? I only intended on putting up one pic, but I see 3 versions of the same picture when I view the thread. I can't tell if it's because I placed it or if I did something wrong resulting in a triplet display of the same picture.

13. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Three. Occasionally same has happened to me.

14. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

oops.

:crying: