Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On the limit handling MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, had my MYP about a week. Whilst playing late at night on deserted freeway and slip roads. On the long circles that go under and over freeway near the limit the car suddenly pitches then starts to weave, all very untidy. Have ordered a thicker rear anti roll bar as I am happier with oversteer than this flipping between the two. Any thoughts , reduce front tire pressure? V Go square 275 all round Pleased don't say drive slower I know that . Is this sudden body roll normal or is it me.? Mind you really love the car, go team blue.

welcome to team blue. Here is my MYP 2022.
9B13903C-7013-4689-BC66-F7556143B392.jpeg

Reactions: showcarmike
Hi Guys, had my MYP about a week. Whilst playing late at night on deserted freeway and slip roads. On the long circles that go under and over freeway near the limit the car suddenly pitches then starts to weave, all very untidy. Have ordered a thicker rear anti roll bar as I am happier with oversteer than this flipping between the two. Any thoughts , reduce front tire pressure? V Go square 275 all round Pleased don't say drive slower I know that . Is this sudden body roll normal or is it me.? Mind you really love the car, go team blue.
Disable traction and stability control will bring back the under steer and handling you’re looking for. Riskier but overall seems to be the source of your problem.

Yeah the nannies in these cars will interfere with at-the-limit fun. It's pretty much the same for my M3P when not in Track Mode. Glad to hear Slip Start is enough to calm the nannies down in the Y! I didn't try that on my Y test drive.

In the 3 the nannies also really limit corner exit power during (aside from Track Mode). I timed my Y test drive poorly and there was too much traffic to really test for that - is it the same in the Y? Does Slip Start help a lot with that too?

The sudden pitching roll seems more progressive. I have also read that using STD steering mode helps.ibthinkbthat might be true as the does not seem to fight so hard.
I agree about preferring Standard over Sport for both 3 and Y. I felt like Standard had enough heft for steering feel, and Sport just added weight without any extra feel.

Sadly 2022.12.3.1 software update really messed steering assist on the M3P (probably all Model 3's) and now even Sport is too light at lower speeds.

Have fun exploring the car's limits more! On rough twisty roads the stock suspension on there cars really struggles, but on smooth ramps it's not too bad, can have fun even stock.

Totally right, on smooth ramps it's not bad but as soon as it get a bit undulating the car can't cope with pitch and roll at the same time. Also it really needs lowest possible steering input so careful planned car placement is vital. Anything that makes it have to change attitude really upsets it.

Reactions: tm1v2
Okay so I’m lowered with Eibach springs and unplugged rear sway bar and with the stability and traction off I still can not get this big girl to rotate. As soon as the rear starts to come around something kicks in and cuts power and gives the the message that says (sorry Dave afraid I can’t do that) 😀. I’m really upset that you can not turn off the drive safety aids. I have more track time than probably 80% of people and have been to 5 different driving schools. All I want is for Elon to understand that I can drive better than his programming. Let me have control. I never thought I would need track mode to be able to push this model y on the track. Let’s hope they give the model y a track mode please.

if not my next purchase will be a model 3 performance with track mode.

Reactions: DblOSmith and tm1v2
Found the answer, slip mode, turns off traction control and stability control. No handles more like a real car with too much understeer deliberately built it. I can deal with that not the hand of god using brakes and power control the car is fighting.
Slip mode works when you are stopped and the effect tapers off to nothing at around 40km/h. It still keeps traction control and stability control on, but it is more relaxed with the TCS so you can rock out being stuck.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Slip mode works when you are stopped and the effect tapers off to nothing at around 40km/h. It still keeps traction control and stability control on, but it is more relaxed with the TCS so you can rock out being stuck.
Are you sure? On the screen it says stability control disabled. I have found it helps a lot in the dry even su ,60 or ,70 car is not fighting all the time . St your own risk!

Okay so I’m lowered with Eibach springs and unplugged rear sway bar and with the stability and traction off I still can not get this big girl to rotate. As soon as the rear starts to come around something kicks in and cuts power and gives the the message that says (sorry Dave afraid I can’t do that) 😀. I’m really upset that you can not turn off the drive safety aids. I have more track time than probably 80% of people and have been to 5 different driving schools. All I want is for Elon to understand that I can drive better than his programming. Let me have control. I never thought I would need track mode to be able to push this model y on the track. Let’s hope they give the model y a track mode please.

if not my next purchase will be a model 3 performance with track mode.
Ingenext has a product that can help with that.

It is simple , go to control scree- steering and pedals. Move to bottom on right side and the last item is slip start. This has to be reset every time you get into the car . A warning label comes up and says stability control disabled. I also believe traction control is turned off, that's it, at your own risk.

Reactions: Big Earl
Do you have first hand experience with this? I also thought that you can not get the OTA updates from tesla when you do this. Don’t care about the warranty aspect. However I still want to get updates.
You can still get updates once they are vetted. I haven’t bought this but am thinking about it. Lots of discussion on Model 3 forum.