Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On the Road Puncture Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a plug kit for each of my EVs. No way am I going to fill up a tyre with goo which apparently then renders the tyre unusable. I also have a very low profile jack that can get the car up (if needed) when the tyre is flat.

I have not had to use the kits but they are there for Regional areas. Should work okay but not in sidewalls.

I have a plug kit for each of my EVs. No way am I going to fill up a tyre with goo which apparently then renders the tyre unusable. I also have a very low profile jack that can get the car up (if needed) when the tyre is flat.

I have not had to use the kits but they are there for Regional areas. Should work okay but not in sidewalls.
Hi - which plug kit did you get or recommend?

Others may have feedback on other options such are Rubber Nails or Mushrooms

I have the Tesla Tyre repair kit which is a compact 12v compressor with optional goo. (No longer in the Tesla store). Along with a cheap spaghetti kit similar to this one SCA 8 Piece Tyre Repair Kit
If I get a flat, plug and pump to get home. I would use the goo as a back up without hesitation if I am in the country and want to get home. I have used these spaghetti plugs in the past and successfully swapped a nail for a plug and only lost a few psi in the process. Then drove to the next servo and topped up the tyre. If your Tesla tpms flags a low tyre and it is a nail, you should be able to do same, if you stop and repair it right away.

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy
I can't remember the brand of my plug kits. I got two different sizes- bigger for the Tesla and smaller for the Zoe.

One word of warning. I have a double acting tyre pump/compressor which draws about 12A but it goes up to 16A under load. Runs fine on the Zoe which has a 15A slow blow fuse. However, on the Tesla, the "soft fuse" goes and you cannot use the accessory socket for approximately an hour after this (Tesla has virtually no fuses). So the solution is to use alligator clips direct to the 12V battery.

• Helpful
Reactions: SalisburySam
I can't remember the brand of my plug kits. I got two different sizes- bigger for the Tesla and smaller for the Zoe.

One word of warning. I have a double acting tyre pump/compressor which draws about 12A but it goes up to 16A under load. Runs fine on the Zoe which has a 15A slow blow fuse. However, on the Tesla, the "soft fuse" goes and you cannot use the accessory socket for approximately an hour after this (Tesla has virtually no fuses). So the solution is to use alligator clips direct to the 12V battery.
May not be an issue on 2022 models as the low voltage system is now 16v Lithium Ion through still 16A peak performance.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.56.38 am.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
For air supply power I plan to transfer my 12v power pack to the LR and use that. No wires from the car and the pack has a cigarette lighter/accessory socket plug that attaches to the high load port so it's easy to move around the car. Also good to use for the emergency frunk opening connection on the front bumper. My two (for two cars) are similar to this:

I got a puncture a few months ago (roofing bolt straight through) but was very close to home when it happened. Took it to Beaurepairs at slow speed the next day and the guy there plugged it at no charge. Just laid on the ground, removed the bolt, and in the blink of an eye did the spaghetti thing. I couldn’t believe how fast he did it and was sceptical the fix was solid, but I haven’t lost a skerrick of tyre pressure since. Respect.

Reactions: SalisburySam
I have the Tesla Tyre repair kit which is a compact 12v compressor with optional goo. (No longer in the Tesla store). Along with a cheap spaghetti kit similar to this one SCA 8 Piece Tyre Repair Kit
Just bumping this post... making plans for what I need to take on my trip to Perth. I already have an electric pump (this one). Would there be any need for both the Tesla repair kit and the SCA one linked? Considering just the SCA one. Does anyone have any more recent experiences of various products to share?