Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On week 3, too late to cancel tow hitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im on week 3 of waiting and Ive been thinking, I'll probably never use the tow hitch...is it too late to help my Y come quicker? Gah I thought waiting on my second Tesla would be easier!

I believe it is $200 additional to have it installed afterwards. I have seen people be most successful by calling their local delivery center and letting them know you are open to multiple options. If they have a car that they had delivered to the delivery center but is not delivered to the customer for various reasons, they may be able to pass that car to you.

Would be nice if there was the option to take delivery of the order without the hitch installed and the understanding that it will be installed at a service center visit. Seems silly to have to pay an extra $200 to take delivery a little (or maybe a lot...) earlier.

Congrats, hope you have a good pickup.

Well I called them, they said it wont make a difference taking the hitch off now, said I will will receive the car in September...I didnt push anything harder....sad face...oh well

SoCal...will be taking delivery at Buena Park. We picked up my wife's MY (LR, Red/White, No FSD, No tow) on 07/22 and it was in great condition. The folks at Buena Park were great to deal with, as well.

Hoping for a repeat with mine, haha!!

Did you choose Buena Park? I took delivery at Marina Del Rey in 2019 and didn't like the service at all! Curious if there is a thread I can find about the best delivery centers in SoCal.

Did you choose Buena Park? I took delivery at Marina Del Rey in 2019 and didn't like the service at all! Curious if there is a thread I can find about the best delivery centers in SoCal.

When I ordered, that was the closest to my house (next closest was Burbank).

The actual location looks a little run down...hard against the 5 fwy, and of course the lobby/showroom is barren of chairs/tables due to COVID.

But the delivery folks were great. Prompt, professional, willing to help. I like that they had the car unlocked and turned on so you can go over it very carefully. Never felt rushed.