Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On your MCU1 or MCU2 car, what version of maps do you have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Please state what version of MCU is on your car and also if you upgraded to MCU2 from MCU1 and what the version of Maps is.

I have a 2016 75D, upgraded to MCU2 / V11 (2022.20.8) and I just got Navigation Data update 2022.28-14046.

I mainly curious to see if the MCU1 cars have the same map update, or is this map update another pro for upgrading to MCU2.

TIA!

• Informative
Reactions: Dannietjoh
MCU1, NAV update frozen multiple times. SC remotely restarted, still download shows 56K/sec... Then hangs. Current version NAV still working fine. Just disconnected WiFi for now. V11 update came over no problem. I don't think I'm the only MCU1 that is experiencing this download issue.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
Please state what version of MCU is on your car and also if you upgraded to MCU2 from MCU1 and what the version of Maps is.

I have a 2016 75D, upgraded to MCU2 / V11 (2022.20.8) and I just got Navigation Data update 2022.28-14046.

I mainly curious to see if the MCU1 cars have the same map update, or is this map update another pro for upgrading to MCU2.

TIA!

I had my MCU2 upgrade done a couple of weeks ago and it came with 2021.44.13555.

My MCU1 had 2020-48-12628, which IIRC had to be installed with the help from the Tesla support in Nov. 20202 since it was stuck in a download loop at the time.

Did you observe on the touchscreen that the maps are being downloaded or you just got the notification that you have new maps?

Screen does show it connected ( super slow dialup speeds), then just hangs... SC said $300 for a visit to connect and do the update via toolbox. Nope... Older version still working fine. I'll just use what's on there. Maybe the next update for NAV will work. As I said I'm not the only MCU1 that this download isn't coming across.

Screen does show it connected ( super slow dialup speeds), then just hangs... SC said $300 for a visit to connect and do the update via toolbox. Nope... Older version still working fine. I'll just use what's on there. Maybe the next update for NAV will work. As I said I'm not the only MCU1 that this download isn't coming across.

They corrected my MCU1 map download issue remotely. They said the car was trying to use a cached version that was not downloading correctly and that they had to clear the cache and reformat the storage and sent a new update to my car. Again, this was done remotely in November of 2020 under ESA.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
My '17 MS on MCU2 just got the 2022.28 maps earlier this week. Interestingly, I saw a post here about the new map version - when I checked my car it was the 2021.44 version but the new download started immediately while I was looking at it. Might be coincidence.