TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Onboard Computer upgrade/expansion

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MonkeyBC, Jun 1, 2016.

1. MonkeyBC

MonkeyBC Member

Have Tesla upgraded the computer since 2012? Are there provisions to add more ram or update the CPU etc? Computers are getting faster and more elaborate and as new functions are developed it would be nice to know that our cars can have the latest computer technology if required.

2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I've not seen any mention of RAM upgrades. They have also not changed it yet, so upgrades are not possible.

They might design the next objects a drop in replacement, but expect very high cost.

3. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Yeah the system is really slow, even after clearing cache/history from the navigation.

• Like x 1
  4. zambono

zambono Member

5. tinkoo604

tinkoo604 Member

Now that AP2 cars have two computer, do you guys think the UI performance will be better?

6. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

I've been waiting for this to happen... It's what's kept me from upgrading... well that and these cars are damn expensive. Unfortunately the 7500 tax credit will probably be gone before we see new CPU/GPU/RAM skus for the dash and center screens

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

No, the powerful computer is dedicated to AP only. Not connected to the UI at all.