Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oncoming car visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model Y, took delivery Aug 2021. Do not have the addl full self drive 10k package. On the visualizations, I see cars going in same direction (like on a multi lane highway), but do not see oncoming traffic in opposite lane (like on a road that has only one lane in each direction). I previously rented a model Y built earlier 2021 that did have this visualization. Does anyone else have this issue and know whether there are service upgrades to address?

Your rental probably had FSD and you indicated you do not on your current MY. If you have FSD, you can turn the FSD Visualization Preview on/off via...

Controls > Autopilot > Full Self-Driving Visualization Preview.

When you turn this on it displays more details about the roadway and its surroundings, such as road markings, stop lights, objects like trash cans and poles.

The FSD visualization is also available if you don’t have FSD. It’s poorly named.

My vision-only car also doesn’t show oncoming traffic while we’re both moving, although it does if we’re all stopped. It may be a limitation of Tesla Vision.

The FSD visualization is also available if you don’t have FSD. It’s poorly named.

My vision-only car also doesn’t show oncoming traffic while we’re both moving, although it does if we’re all stopped. It may be a limitation of Tesla Vision.
That sounds more like the issue. I have turned on the fsd visualization and can see traffic lights, garbage cans,etc. Maybe it’s related to the switch to Tesla Vision.