Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One issue with streaming music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one issue I have with all music in the car being network bases is the transition from Wifi to LTE as I drive away from my house. When I'm in my garage and the music starts playing it's connected to wifi, then as I pull out and start to drive down my street it gets weaker and weaker until the wifi drops and the LTE kicks in. If this happens right as it's loading a new song I end up getting an error on the screen about it failing to load and I have to manually restart it.

My Echo Auto has the same problem. When I'm at home my phone is on wifi, as I drive away it loses connection and switches to LTE. This can cause anything I'm streaming via Alexa to stall and she'll start complaining about a loss of the internet connection for 10-20 seconds.

I kind of miss not having to think about it and the music just playing (SiriusXM) when I was in the car.

The one issue I have with all music in the car being network bases is the transition from Wifi to LTE as I drive away from my house. When I'm in my garage and the music starts playing it's connected to wifi, then as I pull out and start to drive down my street it gets weaker and weaker until the wifi drops and the LTE kicks in. If this happens right as it's loading a new song I end up getting an error on the screen about it failing to load and I have to manually restart it.

My Echo Auto has the same problem. When I'm at home my phone is on wifi, as I drive away it loses connection and switches to LTE. This can cause anything I'm streaming via Alexa to stall and she'll start complaining about a loss of the internet connection for 10-20 seconds.

I kind of miss not having to think about it and the music just playing (SiriusXM) when I was in the car.

live noticed the same problem. It’s on WiFi hotspot as I’m leaving but soon as you switch from park to drive, the WiFi is dis engaged. You have to reengage WiFi once you shift to drive. Tesla needs to change it so WiFi still searches once shifted to drive.

SiriusXM would always have connections problems in the garage or in a parking structure. You could always turn the wifi off until you have an update.

that's what I did. Forget wifi till I need the next update. Fringe benefit is the computer sleeps more per another thread and less battery drain?

Are there any downsides to being LTE only (i get a good signal in my garage and throughout my commute) I might actually switch to ATT from VZW thanks to this test.