Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Key Fob with battery dying within 24h

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried 3 batteries on that key fob, they all survived less than 24h. Decided to just swap the batteries between my two key fobs and it's still the same remote killing the battery (making sure I am not having a bad batch of batteries).

Anyone else had this issue ? have a fix ? (before I go to SC)

Thanks

I tried 3 batteries on that key fob, they all survived less than 24h. Decided to just swap the batteries between my two key fobs and it's still the same remote killing the battery (making sure I am not having a bad batch of batteries).

Thanks
Try just taking the battery out and immediately replacing it. I had a fob that got hung up and acted like the battery was dead. Had to replace the fob.

just a remove+readd
This. If it works then it's not a dead battery but a fob that gets confused. Happened to me and they tried twice to update the microcode and finally just replaced it.

If it does not work unless you put in a new battery it could stil be defective but it could be your fob is just too close to the car. But your times are way too short for that to be an issue so I am betting on a defective fob.

Not only does the X key fob activate its blue tooth connections when near your X, but the fob will activate when near one another. I had the battery issue early-on and the Service Center replaced the batteries and recommended that the spare (for me) second fob be kept in a different place than my daily use For. Since, no premature battery failures.

Thanks

Mine did this the other day too. I had a parellel thread. Mine kills the battery in less than 30 mins and even took to the SC but they thought it was a faulty battery. One key fob seems fine but the other is the battery burner. I am out of town but plan on taking them back to the SC. Let me know what they say if you do go. Also, I don't keep the two fobs together. They are in other parts of the house.

One of my fobs does this (dies in about 48 hours with a new battery) and the other is fine. I'm pretty sure I know why though. The fob that dies fast was also the fob that took a swim in the Atlantic ocean, oops. Heavily corroded inside but amazingly still works, for a short time anyway...

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler