TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

One less model S in Seattle (for now)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jhall118, Apr 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

Wrecked my P85 a couple days ago on I5. Came around a bend to a car slowed wayyyyy down because some homeless guy was in the street. Did an emergency lane change, lost my back end, and slammed into a concrete barrier. Was completely unharmed. Wish I could say the same for my car. Took the adjuster 10 minutes to declare it a total loss. Something about a "nodule" in the frame being broken that can't be serviced. I believe the battery and drive train are fine... but I wouldn't know what to do with it, so I likely will just let Geico have it. I kept the "P" badge to make into some sort of artistic memorial to remember my first Tesla by. Very heartbroken.

But I will hopefully be ordering a P85D soon, assuming I don't get wrecked by insurance company.

If anyone has any helpful information about the value of such a car, it was a nearly fully loaded 2013 (made in November) car. $113,500. No plus package or kids seats. Just about everything else though. I had about 35k miles. Yeah, I drove it a lot!

Of course, sad pictures:
    11150331_10153207058227010_7873411995468793331_n.jpg 11150820_10153207058047010_2308365513920838156_n.jpg

2. scottm

scottm Active Member

That car performed perfectly even its last moment.

That's what the P badge should remind you of.

$113k is a small price for your saved life.

3. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Sad to hear about the loss of your car. Looks like it took quite a hit for you; glad you are safe.

4. Phil K

Phil K Member

Sorry to hear that and it's a pain looking at the photos. But glad you're okay. It's a marvelous car up to the last seconds.

5. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Glad you're OK!

Please follow up on what you insurer offers you.

6. cmu5p

cmu5p Member

Those pictures bring tears to my eyes. Glad you are safe.
    Know your replacement will be even better!