Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One more sunglasses option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for @chojn1 to make the console tray for the past few months and found this on Etsy, not too expensive and got it in few days, if anyone is interested. Made in California.
IMG_2613.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Center Console Tray with Coin and Sunglass Holder (Silver)

Reactions: redscott
I have been waiting for @chojn1 to make the console tray for the past few months and found this on Etsy, not too expensive and got it in few days, if anyone is interested. Made in California.
View attachment 351468

Tesla Model 3 Center Console Tray with Coin and Sunglass Holder (Silver)
Didn’t someone post this template for free and now someone is selling it?

I recognize it because I tried to take the template to UPS and have them print it and they wouldn’t do it.

Ok great! now when can we order one? lol :D

Ha ha -- once I get my 3 back from service, I'll finish it and post it; then you can figure out getting one made.

Didn’t someone post this template for free and now someone is selling it?

I recognize it because I tried to take the template to UPS and have them print it and they wouldn’t do it.

It looks just slightly different from the ones I've seen on Thingiverse (I don't remember that front wall notch on any of the ones I've seen; maybe the Etsy seller added it to differentiate -- although I don't see any attribution credit on their page.)

What did UPS tell you about why they wouldn't print for you? Most things on Thingiverse are CC0 or CC-BY -- if UPS won't print those things, then they're fundamentally confused. ICTH: I am the author of Tesla Model 3 center console tray by lairdb, and (as clearly indicated on that page) that design is licensed CC-BY-3.0 and under that licence, @ebmcs03 (and every other entity in the known universe willing to comply with CC-BY-3.0) is welcome to print it for any purpose whatsoever.

The Etsy seller's design appears to be this one: Tesla Model 3 Center Console Tray (Modified from jonco223) by chilman408, which is a remix of jonco223's (as is mine.) If UPS refused to print it for you, then they have some odd policy about that; jonco223's design is clearly CC-BY-3.0 licensed.
Don’t know don’t care anymore. Just thought it looked familiar. UPS didn’t want to print it from thingsgive. I ended up paying $30 for chojn1’s already a few weeks back.