Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One new tire at ~12k miles, how to rotate tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So the unfortunate happened and got my left rear tire replaced due to a flat tire at around 12000 miles. The tire tread difference of the fronts and backs are almost at the 2/32 inch point, so I was planning to rotate my tires soon.

Now that my left rear is new and my right rear is still old, how would I go ahead and rotate them? Should I rotate them in a more complicated way to balance out tire wear among all 4 tires, or just rotate fronts to backs, and backs to fronts and call it a day? What do you all think?

if you are concerned that much about tread wear, etc., it would have been better to just purchase another tire and keep the new ones on the rear.

tire experts on this forum caution putting uneven tread on front and back (especially if youve an all wheel drive (dual motor)). this can cause issues with the motors since there are differences in the tread.

if you are concerned that much about tread wear, etc., it would have been better to just purchase another tire and keep the new ones on the rear.

tire experts on this forum caution putting uneven tread on front and back (especially if youve an all wheel drive (dual motor)). this can cause issues with the motors since there are differences in the tread.

The Mobile Tech that was sent to replace the tires mentioned that as long as the tread difference isn't too drastic, it would be okay.

I guess the Mobile Tech is wrong in this case?

I only have a SR+, so only RWD. I suppose better than AWD in this case.