Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One of the downside of success...no test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Hookem - I'm an Aggie and I'll let you drive our Y if you can fly to DFW. We'll pick you up.

You could look up a local Tesla club. I'm sure someone would be willing to let you drive theirs.

FWIW we have a 2018 M3P and a 2020 Y. We have driven both on multi-day trips. The Y is a much better car in all respects except 0-60 time.

Hey Hookem - I'm an Aggie and I'll let you drive our Y if you can fly to DFW. We'll pick you up.

You could look up a local Tesla club. I'm sure someone would be willing to let you drive theirs.

FWIW we have a 2018 M3P and a 2020 Y. We have driven both on multi-day trips. The Y is a much better car in all respects except 0-60 time.
Gig em! What a great offer, thanks. I'm out of state now, and it looks likely that I will be able to get a test drive near here in January. I'm sensing from various forum threads that this is something that has happened at the end of quarters before, when Tesla sells their demos in order to help sales numbers for the quarter.

Our MY is now scheduled for March, so if that holds and we get a January drive, that should give us plenty of time to decide on whether to keep or trade in the MS. Problem is my love of with our S - we have a 2016 AP1 with the refresh nose, kind of the sweet spot for looks and abilities. Our autopilot is smooth as silk on highways and back roads, with zero phantom braking. Rides like a dream. Free supercharging for life. And I have not yet read anything that makes us want to pay for FSD. I've got a feeling that if the MY keeps its value as it has recently, I will trade it in just a couple of years for the rumored refresh MY, so if I have to have FSD the subscription sounds more appealing.

Long answer, sorry, but I really appreciate your offer. My dad was an Aggie so you folks are close to my heart.

p.s. Oddly(?) the 0-60 time isn't very important to me, all Teslas accelerate so much faster than most ICE cars. I keep reading the MY ride on trips is all we will want.