Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One option holding me back from ordering...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One option I use and sometimes live by in Houston is my ventilated seats. I see they added them to the Model X. How likely is it that they will add them to the Model S at some point? Would it be a major upgrade or would they just all of as sudden start offering them?

Don't let that hold you back. After, to my surprise, frankly, Tesla welcomed my non-garaged (rhymes with ass) with open arms, I've been using SCs (almost always at off-peak times when not traveling) for a year and a half. Works fine - pay less than no attention to the occasional ignorance you'll read in the fora.

As for the ventilated seats, I understand that a stopgap could be any one of a number of aftermarket ventilated seat inserts to get you by in that not-so-enviable Houston wx. That, and seat covers and pre-cooling go a long way. Along with a good sunshade and *good* window tint all the way around including the windshield and pano panels.

In fact, with all of the latter, you may not miss ventilated seats one bit.

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD and Zybd1201
I am coming from an Audi S6 and even though I have loved my Audi's, I am getting a little tired of waiting for them to catch up with the technology I see coming from Tesla. I also don't need the car for long distances since I have another family car we take on trips. Still undecided on several options. I test drove the vehicle for about 45 minutes and I feel like I need more time in it to make up my mind.

I am coming from an Audi S6 and even though I have loved my Audi's, I am getting a little tired of waiting for them to catch up with the technology I see coming from Tesla. I also don't need the car for long distances since I have another family car we take on trips. Still undecided on several options. I test drove the vehicle for about 45 minutes and I feel like I need more time in it to make up my mind.
I placed my order in April but once I saw the refreshed S didn't have all of the X features such as ventilated seats, rear cup holders, door pockets, etc., I changed mine for a delayed delivery in the hope that some of those features will be added later this year. If you're not in any rush and you're waiting for a specific feature, there's no problem with waiting a few months to see if that feature is added.

One option I use and sometimes live by in Houston is my ventilated seats. I see they added them to the Model X. How likely is it that they will add them to the Model S at some point? Would it be a major upgrade or would they just all of as sudden start offering them?
Hi! I'm in Houston and just got mine on Friday. I didn't have ventilated seats in my previous car, but leaving the car out this weekend (before I took it to be wrapped), it didn't seem to be too bad. Cooled off quickly on the drive from the North Service Center and it was fine on the ride out to the detail shop by the West Service Center.

I am a bit surprised the S doesn't have vented seats.

Hi! I'm in Houston and just got mine on Friday. I didn't have ventilated seats in my previous car, but leaving the car out this weekend (before I took it to be wrapped), it didn't seem to be too bad. Cooled off quickly on the drive from the North Service Center and it was fine on the ride out to the detail shop by the West Service Center.

I am a bit surprised the S doesn't have vented seats.

Which MS did you get? How you enjoying it?

I got a 70D. I ordered the week of the refresh. But, I had it in my possession less than 17 hours as I took it to be wrapped and tinted the day after I got it.

The only thing I might have done differently is get a 90D. But I was having trouble parting with the extra $13k. I personally find the driver's seat very comfortable, but I'm not that tall. I'll let you know later this week when I get it back. ;)

I got a 70D. I ordered the week of the refresh. But, I had it in my possession less than 17 hours as I took it to be wrapped and tinted the day after I got it.

The only thing I might have done differently is get a 90D. But I was having trouble parting with the extra $13k. I personally find the driver's seat very comfortable, but I'm not that tall. I'll let you know later this week when I get it back. ;)

90 for the performance or range?

For the range and possible resale (except that I keep my cars for a long time).

It's my daily, but I only live about 3 miles from work, so that's not an issue. And there's a charger on the office complex that I can use.

I live about 20 miles from work, not sure about a charger in the office. I also roam around the city for my job as I am in technical sales. I was leaning towards the S60 to reduce my spend on cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: ishop4more
We're thinking of upgrading to get AP, but are also battling when to do it. We might take advantage of the $1000 off (I'd order using my husband's referral) but not take delivery until later this year. I still think an AP upgrade is coming and Elon didn't say the ventilated seats wouldn't be an option in the Model S when he was asked about them at the stockholder meeting. So maybe if we push back delivery and it becomes available, we could adjust the configuration. Some say there's a $500 change fee, but not sure. Anyway, we're waiting until July 15 to make a final decision and to get the $1000 reduction.
I do think that it will pop up in the configuration one day. That's how we seem to learn things. Someone finds a change and posts it to the forum. We learned the hard way when it comes to sudden changes. We received our current car a few days before others began receiving their cars loaded with AP and with the same ordered configuration. Yes, I'm waiting.