Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Pedal Driving and Brake Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And guess what, your brake lights come then as well. I've definitely checked before, and for me the brake lights come on only when I would have had to use brakes in a normal car. Adjusting speed in freeway traffic never brings them on except when the person in front of me also has their brake lights on. I think some people pull their foot too quickly off the accelerator.
I agree w/ this. If you are using the brake pedal in low regen and not in high regen then that means you are slowing fast enough in high regen that the brake lights should be on. I think you need to be smoother when letting off the throttle or just drive less aggressively in general. Though that may not be possible in your traffic. My post is directed at the OP, not gregincal.

You used to be able to see the brake lights illuminate in real time on the picture of your car within the "about Tesla" screen (touch the "T" logo at the top for a pop-up). That doesn't happen any more (I think as of the 5.0 software update), but it still does show brake lights in real time on the charging screen (touch the battery icon at the top for a pop-up).

Great tip. I noticed this was gone on the about Tesla screen during my test drive (5.0 software). I asked the Tesla employee how I could tell when the brake lights turned on. She was caught off guard as well when it was no longer displayed in the about screen. The 5.0 software had just been released. Glad to know you can still see it on the charging screen. Probably just a bug that they need to fix for the about screen.