Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One pedal driving not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone else has had this issue, my one pedal driving no longer works, all the car will do is coast, will not display that it’s braking at all like before unless you tap the brake and it won’t “aggressively” slow down like before either, the normal feedback given isn’t there either, anyone had any experience with this?

If I had to guess, it would be because either your battery is full, or its too cold for regen.

(relevant text copy / pasted from the manual above)

The amount of energy fed back to the Battery using regenerative braking can depend on the current state of the Battery. For example, regenerative braking may be limited if the Battery is already fully charged or if the ambient temperature is too cold.

If I had to guess, it would be because either your battery is full, or its too cold for regen.

(relevant text copy / pasted from the manual above)

The amount of energy fed back to the Battery using regenerative braking can depend on the current state of the Battery. For example, regenerative braking may be limited if the Battery is already fully charged or if the ambient temperature is too cold.
Battery wasn't full! Also for the too cold for regen, I turned on HVAC from phone so battery would warm up and I did not get a regen is limited message

@SoodTheDude You're not the only one to report this issue in the forums lately. I suggest filing a service request. If regen comes back reliably then cancel.

(Regen has been working just fine on my Model 3, I've not sensed any reduction in it aside from expected situations of cold or full battery, but I'm not discounting what you're experiencing.)

You are not the only one. I have noticed this after 2022.4.5 software update. My car behaves like it’s 100% fully charged. It takes much longer distance to slow down the car and I am using my brake more often. Also, car behaves strange with a slight jerky movement when I release the accelerator. Car doesn’t slow down immediately and there is some delay reaction to regen. I really don’t like this.

My guess is that the added Regenerative Braking in Autopilot in this new update is messing up the one pedal operaction.
Another software update failure.

@RyanS File a service request for the issue! Get it escalated. It seems like a decent number of Model 3 are affected, but far from every Model 3, so I think there's risk Tesla won't notice or prioritize this issue unless the affected owners escalate it (via service).