Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One pedal driving stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car went in for some paint last week, when I collected the car the nav visuals went mad, but have since gone back to normal

However the one pedal brake regen thingy no longer works, are there any settings for this? Software is still 36.2.1

bit weird that the car was just in for paint and this happened :-(

It’s enabled under driving.

Mine was enabled by default when the update came in, but then turned itself off a few days later. Could be due to it being a driver profile setting.
It’s been fine since turning back on again.

Car went in for some paint last week, when I collected the car the nav visuals went mad, but have since gone back to normal

However the one pedal brake regen thingy no longer works, are there any settings for this? Software is still 36.2.1

bit weird that the car was just in for paint and this happened :-(

There are two setting in the driving menu:

Regenerative breaking: LOW or STANDARD
Stopping mode: CREEP, ROLL, or HOLD

For maximum regenerative breaking make sure STANDARD and HOLD are selected.

I've been getting noticeably less regen braking for the last few day and occasionally get a message saying the regen braking is limited even when SOC is less than 80%

In cold temperatures regenerative breaking is limited until the battery warms up. That's normal.

I've been getting noticeably less regen braking for the last few day and occasionally get a message saying the regen braking is limited even when SOC is less than 80%

This is due to the cold weather and in turn the cold battery. First regen is limited (IME below about 13ºC) then as it gets colder (IME below about 0ºC ) power is also limited, but to a lesser degree than regen.

Once the battery warms up through driving or DC charging the power and regen return.

one pedal brake regen thingy no longer works,

I've got a problem with it too.

It has stopped working on my wife's profiles . Car is new, so I don't have "behaviour has changed" history to compare with (but this is second Tesla, so familiar with the car and cold/winter driving). Other weird things have happened (when, as it happens, wife was driving - GPS and Auto Dip headilghts stopped working, they were cured by a reboot)

I suspect the 2019.36.2.1 update.

I have, last night, deliberately changed the REGEN to LOW and back to STANDARD

and I have also changed ROLL (which was set by default at the 2019.36.2.1 update) to HOLD and back to ROLL again.

I drove the car last night using her setting, and it seemed to be OK. She'll take it today and that will tell for sure.

I've got a problem with it too.

It has stopped working on my wife's profiles . Car is new, so I don't have "behaviour has changed" history to compare with (but this is second Tesla, so familiar with the car and cold/winter driving). Other weird things have happened (when, as it happens, wife was driving - GPS and Auto Dip headilghts stopped working, they were cured by a reboot)

I suspect the 2019.36.2.1 update.

I have, last night, deliberately changed the REGEN to LOW and back to STANDARD

and I have also changed ROLL (which was set by default at the 2019.36.2.1 update) to HOLD and back to ROLL again.

I drove the car last night using her setting, and it seemed to be OK. She'll take it today and that will tell for sure.
Perhaps we should do a CTRL-ALT-DEL each morning? ;)

I think there is a bug in the update.

Provided REGEN is at STANDARD rather than LOW that should give full regen (only difference should be at very low speeds depending on CREEP, / ROLL vs HOLD)

Turns out the mode changed from hold

A reboot and/or toggling REGEN STANARD/LOW/STANDARD and maybe ROLL/HOLD or HOLD/ROLL and back again may "Set" the working value, even if the CONFIG value was already correctly set

Mine set itself back to Roll when I setup easy entry mode on my profile a couple of days ago (being on 2019.36.2.1). It messed up my seat position as well (after completing the easy entry mode position, when it reverted to "my" position it was nothing like it was supposed to be). Other than that, I haven't noticed any other settings that got surreptitiously changed.