TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

One piece windshield tint.

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MikeInFL, Sep 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Looking for a shop in the Tampa area that uses Llumar film AND can tint an X windshield with one piece of film. Found shops that can do it w/ 3M Crystalline but the 3M film is significantly more expensive (as it should be, it’s a great film but I’ve had both and I simply like Llumar better).

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering when delivery was going to be... It must be getting really close!

3. Btrflyl8e

Try Auto Paint Guard on Nebraska. They did my Suntek film on the nose as well as the gtechniq crystal serum coating. Had I known that my detailer was working out of their shop before I had my tint done elsewhere, I'd have had it all done there. Not that the shop that did my tint didn't do an awesome job, they absolutely did... Just would've been nice to have it all done at once.
    (813) 505-3868

If they don't do as one piece, then try Orange Tint & Tunes on Racetrack. They did my tint and they were great.

4. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Thursday!

• Love x 1
  5. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

That's one of my friends shops! I'm waiting to hear back if they can do a one piece, but I'm 99% sure they use 3M Crytsalline.

6. Btrflyl8e

Yeah, that's what I went with this time. I did have my windshield tinted on this S. Didn't do it on the first one and it makes a huge difference. I can only imagine the difference in the X!

We'll have to plan a car meet soon so you can come show it off, if you want. Cars & Coffee isn't for a while, I don't think... But there's a car show every Thursday night at Quaker Steak in Clearwater if you're interested. I'm sure I could scare up a few other teslas to join us!

7. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

I'm excited to head back out to Cars and Coffee events, always a great opportunity to meet other owners and educate people interested in EVs!

• Like x 1
  8. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

shops that do the windshield need a 60" wide piece of film normally used in commercial window applications which is why most don't stock it...

still need to get my windshield done sometime.