Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One piece windshield tint.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a shop in the Tampa area that uses Llumar film AND can tint an X windshield with one piece of film. Found shops that can do it w/ 3M Crystalline but the 3M film is significantly more expensive (as it should be, it’s a great film but I’ve had both and I simply like Llumar better).

Looking for a shop in the Tampa area that uses Llumar film AND can tint an X windshield with one piece of film. Found shops that can do it w/ 3M Crystalline but the 3M film is significantly more expensive (as it should be, it’s a great film but I’ve had both and I simply like Llumar better).
I don't know the answer to your question, but I was wondering when delivery was going to be... It must be getting really close!

Try Auto Paint Guard on Nebraska. They did my Suntek film on the nose as well as the gtechniq crystal serum coating. Had I known that my detailer was working out of their shop before I had my tint done elsewhere, I'd have had it all done there. Not that the shop that did my tint didn't do an awesome job, they absolutely did... Just would've been nice to have it all done at once.
(813) 505-3868

If they don't do as one piece, then try Orange Tint & Tunes on Racetrack. They did my tint and they were great.

Try Auto Paint Guard on Nebraska. They did my Suntek film on the nose as well as the gtechniq crystal serum coating. Had I known that my detailer was working out of their shop before I had my tint done elsewhere, I'd have had it all done there. Not that the shop that did my tint didn't do an awesome job, they absolutely did... Just would've been nice to have it all done at once.
(813) 505-3868

If they don't do as one piece, then try Orange Tint & Tunes on Racetrack. They did my tint and they were great.

That's one of my friends shops! I'm waiting to hear back if they can do a one piece, but I'm 99% sure they use 3M Crytsalline.

That's one of my friends shops! I'm waiting to hear back if they can do a one piece, but I'm 99% sure they use 3M Crytsalline.
Yeah, that's what I went with this time. I did have my windshield tinted on this S. Didn't do it on the first one and it makes a huge difference. I can only imagine the difference in the X!

We'll have to plan a car meet soon so you can come show it off, if you want. Cars & Coffee isn't for a while, I don't think... But there's a car show every Thursday night at Quaker Steak in Clearwater if you're interested. I'm sure I could scare up a few other teslas to join us!

Yeah, that's what I went with this time. I did have my windshield tinted on this S. Didn't do it on the first one and it makes a huge difference. I can only imagine the difference in the X!

We'll have to plan a car meet soon so you can come show it off, if you want. Cars & Coffee isn't for a while, I don't think... But there's a car show every Thursday night at Quaker Steak in Clearwater if you're interested. I'm sure I could scare up a few other teslas to join us!

I'm excited to head back out to Cars and Coffee events, always a great opportunity to meet other owners and educate people interested in EVs!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
If your goal, like me, is UV and heat rejection, you don't need to tint the windshield. To his credit, my tint guy actually refused when I asked him to do it - he said it already has it and he didn't want to rip me off.

I did some research and it turns out that the laminated glass used on virtually all car windshields rejects UV quite well - the number quoted is 99% of UVB and 98% of UVA. Add in the metal layer of the Tesla windshield and you get even more protection from UV and heat (and unfortunately transponder radio waves as well).

The X has the added benefit of using laminated glass on side windows, too - something that most other car manufacturers don't do for the sake of saving a few bucks. It does not appear to be metallicized, and so tinting may help here.

Of course, you may just want darker windows...