Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One post lift installed, P90D is back in the garage....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
Finally got it installed, really happy with the build quality and install. The lift is a monster, weighs almost 4,000 pounds yet takes up minimal space. It's awesome to be able to walk around the cars without running into poles, etc.

full write up: American Custom Lifts M1 4.5 Single Post Car Lift Install and Review

video along with time-lapse video of the install:

american-custom-lift-m1-45-009.jpg

american-custom-lift-m1-45-010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the price on these bad boys? It may be less for me to just build another bay :)
I found a price on line for the 6500 lb version for $8k installed - Single Post Car Lift (Pics) - Page 2

I have friends who have 4 post parking lifts. A good one (ie, Bendpak HD-7, 7k lbs) will cost a bit over $3k installed.

I was looking at a Bendpak HD-9XW (long, wide, tall version of the 4 post, 9000 lb HD-9) for parking and maintenance. Doing the installation myself would have been <$3k total, but I stumbled upon a used 2 post lift from an old GM dealer. Too good a deal to pass up.

thanks!

my garage ceiling height is 10.5 feet, the column of this lift is 9.5 feet so that's the minimum you'll need. Although they will custom build you one any size. Since I put AC in the garage, I put in new insulated garage doors that are mounted as high as possible along with side lift master 8500 openers. The garage door is just a few inches from the ceiling. Cost is around $6k plus shipping depending on your location from them.