Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One post lift installed, P90D is back in the garage....

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
Finally got it installed, really happy with the build quality and install. The lift is a monster, weighs almost 4,000 pounds yet takes up minimal space. It's awesome to be able to walk around the cars without running into poles, etc.

full write up: American Custom Lifts M1 4.5 Single Post Car Lift Install and Review

video along with time-lapse video of the install:

american-custom-lift-m1-45-009.jpg

american-custom-lift-m1-45-010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jsimon77

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles, Ca
That's awesome. I've been thinking about doing the same in my garage...What is the height of your garage and the hight from the ceiling to the garage doors when open?

Thanks!

Jason

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Probably don't want to put my Model S underneath my vintage (read: leaky) Land Cruiser....:scared:

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
What's the price on these bad boys? It may be less for me to just build another bay :)
I found a price on line for the 6500 lb version for $8k installed - Single Post Car Lift (Pics) - Page 2

I have friends who have 4 post parking lifts. A good one (ie, Bendpak HD-7, 7k lbs) will cost a bit over $3k installed.

I was looking at a Bendpak HD-9XW (long, wide, tall version of the 4 post, 9000 lb HD-9) for parking and maintenance. Doing the installation myself would have been <$3k total, but I stumbled upon a used 2 post lift from an old GM dealer. Too good a deal to pass up.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
thanks!

my garage ceiling height is 10.5 feet, the column of this lift is 9.5 feet so that's the minimum you'll need. Although they will custom build you one any size. Since I put AC in the garage, I put in new insulated garage doors that are mounted as high as possible along with side lift master 8500 openers. The garage door is just a few inches from the ceiling. Cost is around $6k plus shipping depending on your location from them.

Footbag

Jun 29, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Very cool. That clicking sound as you raised the car is a bit unsettling however. Do you know what is causing that?

I am guessing it may be a safety latch dropping into place every few inches. At the end of lifting the car, it dropped slightly, which I presume was the lift settling into the nearest latch/notch.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC