TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

One small step...

Discussion in 'News' started by NigelM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

In Sarasota area, electric car drivers will soon have more charging stations

This was local news today here in Sarasota, and I'd hope that stories like it are appearing around the country, but it's worth mentioning a couple of highlights:

(I added the *bold* emphasis above.) Nice to see local government using some common sense.

Then this from AAA:

:biggrin:

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Fantastic, Nigel.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I have the feeling that we on the east coast are way behind SoCal (maybe CAL in general) when it comes to these things, but it's encouraging for everyone that we start to see infrastructure broadening nationally.

4. johns258

johns258 Model S Signature 998

That is such great news! I'm eagerly if somewhat nervously looking forward to be able to drive back and forth from Sanibel to northern Virginia this Fall sans petrol! The more charging stations the better!

5. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I don't know about that. Here in San Diego, there are only 4 publicly accessible chargers downtown; it costs $10 (discount) to park for up to 4 hours, they charge for the electricity, and they're always full anyway, with Electric Smart Cars from a company called "Car2Go". Oh, and the Blink chargers are notoriously unreliable.