Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One thing you LOVE and DISLIKE about your Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love: there are so many things I love about this car but I have to say AutoPilot, because I really didn't think I'd use it much, but it turns out that I use it a lot. I'm impressed with how well it works, and unlike others, I don't experience phantom braking. (Maybe it's the roads I drive on?) I find using AP makes driving much more relaxing.

Dislike: Tesla service centers. You can take almost any ICE car to almost any garage for repairs, but with a Tesla, you take it to Tesla service centers for most repairs. That, and the fact that they haven't opened more service centers to keep up with the numbers of cars they're selling. I had a problem with my air conditioning, it took 2 service appointments to fix, each one I had to wait 3 weeks for, so it was over 6 weeks of driving this summer with a faulty AC.

Love: there are so many things I love about this car but I have to say AutoPilot, because I really didn't think I'd use it much, but it turns out that I use it a lot. I'm impressed with how well it works, and unlike others, I don't experience phantom braking. (Maybe it's the roads I drive on?) I find using AP makes driving much more relaxing.

Dislike: Tesla service centers. You can take almost any ICE car to almost any garage for repairs, but with a Tesla, you take it to Tesla service centers for most repairs. That, and the fact that they haven't opened more service centers to keep up with the numbers of cars they're selling. I had a problem with my air conditioning, it took 2 service appointments to fix, each one I had to wait 3 weeks for, so it was over 6 weeks of driving this summer with a faulty AC.
I know that must have been tough. Experienced a faulty AC not too long ago as well.

Just got mine so not too much experience yet.

Love: almost everything about the vehicle. It’s a good starting place. I just really want a Tesla minivan. It’s convenient, it’s pretty automated, and it fits my use profile.

Hate: here’s the list so far:
1. Wireless phone charger sucks. Just can’t get this thing working on a consistent basis and it’s not magnetic for magsafe.
2. Side view mirrors. These things are so freaking small that I feel like I should mount giant ones. They are close to useless due to the size. The cameras are ok replacements but I want a direct left or direct right view to accompany blind spot views.
3. Drive stalk. There must be a better way. Really reminds me of Mercedes drive stalks and how horrible those are. Automation would help as well as a visual/audio notification of drive mode.
4. UI and UX. It’s great that there is a lot of automation already. If there aren’t motorized parts, at least put leashes or handles. Rear console is missing a leash, the back seats should either fold up or down automatically or have leashes to pull the back. Just 2 strips of nylon with some Velcro. My Odyssey had it and it worked great. If the Y used the same fold flat rear seats like the Odyssey, they would have much more rear storage which would be able to fit a washing machine. I’m not a fan of motors for most things since it’s more efficient and costs less to have hinges or other mechanisms that can be manually manipulated.

Reactions: FusionMotors
2. Side view mirrors. These things are so freaking small that I feel like I should mount giant ones. They are close to useless due to the size. The cameras are ok replacements but I want a direct left or direct right view to accompany blind spot views.
I've installed Suma mirrors TESLA . I like them more than originals.

Love:
Acceleration, autopilot*, one pedal driving, no gas station stops when I’m late for work or want to just get home, keyless operation*, comfort, noticeable better build quality and sound "proofing" over my 2020.
Dislike:
Handling(my model 3 is so much more fun), autopilot* needing auto high beam and wipers on(my 2020 model 3 does not. New sensorless system is worse), keyless operation* when it doesn’t work(pretty seldom though), few rattles that I’m sure can be fixed, lack of blind spot lights in side mirrors, when it freaks out when I’m changing across multiple lanes without a pause in each lane. I’m guessing it thinks I’ve fallen asleep or something and makes me think I’m about to sideswipe a car that isn’t even there! lack of ventilated seats…. I mean, come on! Most expensive car I’ve ever owned and doesn’t even have ventilated seats? I almost went for the S partially because of this one option. Just couldnt justify an additional $40k lol

Aggressive driving does reduce the range, but I’d wager hardly anyone is getting even close to the EPA range. You’d have to consume <240 Wh/mi to approach the EPA range; how many of you guys are doing that?

I get at or slightly above the EPA range in mild around-town driving all the time. My consumption is around 235 Wh/mi

If I drive 75 mph on the highway, consumption goes up to about 275.

Reactions: BitJam and yellowr6
Love the effortless silent glide - especially in parking garages or other would-be noisy interior spaces

Dislike - fingerprints on the big center display which require regular micro-fiber cloth for cleaning
Get the Spigen screen protector. Zero fingerprints. Easy application.

For me:

Like - Almost everything? Hard to nail anything down. But autopilot is effortless and I love it.

Dislike - Having a brand new car I love and trying to keep it clean. Fingerprints on the exterior pieces (door handle and trim and pillar especially)