Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One year ago today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model 3. I went to an otherwise abandoned building behind the pawn store parking lot, waited for an hour, chatted with a few guys that look just like me, spent about 20 minutes on paperwork, and drove off with Tess. It was one of the strangest transactions of my life.

I traded in a perfectly good, healthy 2015 Leaf. Great car, but it's no Tess. About 2 minutes was all it took to make that call.

Now: 11,942 miles. I'll get another 20 before the day is done.

Battery rated range is now 248 which is down 5% from the original 260. This is very consistent with the majority of reports of the MR and LR that I have seen. Like many others, I observed that change over the summer. It's a little disappointing but not debilitating. I know all the debates and how batteries work, I know how to 'rebalance', etc... I want my car to be perfect. Enough about that.

Never been to the SC or needed any attention. This thing has been a rock. Best update by far was the 5% power boost and the auto hold, I never use the games, only the Santa mode sometimes.

I just freaking love this car. Everyone else loves the car. Its both fun and serious. I am equally a tree-hugger and an enthusiast. I want the best of both. I have ti. No excuses or caveats.

I hope everyone else feels the same.

Happy Holidays.

lol, same experience here (picked up in Mt Kisco end Nov 2018)..same MR and rated range.

planning on a SR for daughter, Model Y for wife . my 2018 MR was named "first Tesla" with those additions in mind.

happy holidays.

Reactions: pipestem
Yup, my MR is 1 year 3 weeks old this weekend with 16,943 at its birthday. First time driving an electric car was on delivery day giving the Tesla Rep a ride back to the showroom. Wife and kids in the back seat and we felt like we’d stepped into a spaceship. Hooked before getting to the end of the driveway. I try to find every reason to drive it now. Driven it on 3 long trips VA-Fla, VA-Myrtle Beach and VA-NH. Don’t miss my old ice at all.

Reactions: pipestem
LOL, it made up onto the loading ramp before it died. The ramp is kind of flat, so you can get some momentum and then use that to make it up into the carrier.

Here's a pic of the car being tied down, as we take it to a supercharger. The crazy thing is the driver said he loaded it with zero soc, in the morning. It's winter and I'm the last delivery of the day. It's been on zero all day.
View attachment 490637

And, here, it's connected to the supercharger with zero soc. You can see it's new with the glovebox tag and plastic on the visors.
View attachment 490638

I got handed the 2 keycards, signed a piece of paper, and that was it. 3rd-party driver can't do much for you, other than take it back.

Did the driver climb through the trunk to get into the car or use advanced summon to pull it out? Looks like no way to open the drivers door,