Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One year anniversary – So how is our Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now for the numbers:
AZP4IjN.jpg

Some context of the mileage and lifetime consumption numbers. Of the 8198 miles I have driven about 2400 of those miles (or about 29%) are HIGHWAY miles, 1890 on one long road trip from southern IL to southern MD over the July 4thweekend. The remaining miles were accumulated in/around southern IL and the St Louis metro area about 20 miles from my home. That would be at Urban/Rural and Highway speeds. The coldest temp it saw was minus 5 degrees during 2 week-long cold spell. I never babied it, but I always tried to pre-condition the cabin on “shore power” if very COLD or HOT and if running multiple errands with short stops I leave the HVAC set to ON. My tire pressures are set to 2 OVER the recommended and checked and adjusted as needed. And I don’t run the Aero caps. Took them off almost immediately after delivery and painted my wheels gloss black. I charge at home in a Clipper Creek HSC-50P pushing 40 amps/9 kW or 36 mph. It also feeds our 2017 Volt which we plan on selling next month.

Our Y has NO rattles, squeaks, buzzes, vibrations no smelly AC or wonky electronics (well the phone Key has been a PITA), etc. It’s bank vault tight. I did splurge and bought the Performance Boost Upgrade. My DRAGY shows 3.94 0 – 60 with 1 ft roll out. Best bang for the buck.

I also need to compliment my local Tesla Service Center over in St Louis. Every question, concern, and issue has been addressed to my satisfaction and I have been given a loaner car the two times my car was in for service.

A little about me, I’m 68, retired USAF, and have owned a long list of muscle cars and HIGH-END luxury cars especially when we were stationed in Europe for 12 years. I have owned BMW’s, MB’s, Jaguar, Fiat’s, Lancia’s, Honda’s, Toyota’s GM’s, Ford’s and Chrysler. I was a GM guy. Owned Camaro’s/Z28’s, Firebirds (Ram Air 400, and 2 Trans Am’s and SEVEN Corvette’s that I tracked. My last being a 2014 Stingray and countless other cars and SUV’s. In short, I’m a car guy. I calculate I have spent over $6000 in accessories (PPF, Performance Boost were the big-ticket items).

Suggested Room for improvement: Tesla needs more Service Centers, (especially in major cities in the mid-west) and they better start building more Superchargers now that Elon wants to open them to every other EV.

In summary, my Tesla ownership experience has been stellar and it’s going to take something new and unexpected to get me away from Tesla and its dedicated charging network.

2 months here, 5500 miles(took a 2000 mile trip) It is a very comfortable traveler.

Still in love. ESTIMATE, based on SC numbers, and times charged at home, Iv'e spent $250 total on those 5500 miles-incredible!! oh.....1000 free miles. Id say add about $50 to that, sans the referral-still incredible. The SUV would have been in the $1k to $1.5k range.

Issues...We've only had problems with the UI being crashed by trying to stream Hulu live. never works, screen freezes.