TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

One year Anniversary of "full self driving" demo coming up

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mal_tsla, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

Remember this:

It'll soon be a year since this Model X supposedly drove itself from home to work on public streets and highways, then parked itself while the driver went inside.

Some questions come to mind a year later:

How was this video staged? Smoke and mirrors? With software that requires MobileEye components and thus cannot be used?

Will Tesla continue quietly chipping away at this, or will they eventually publicly acknowledge the absolute Canyon in functionality between this video and what they're currently selling on their cars?

We have two more years left on our AP1 Model X lease, and I'm starting to think maybe I should just buy it now! We were hoping the lease would be worth it when three years later these cars have 400 miles of fully-self driving range, but I'm starting to wonder if our car will be just as good or better than what's available two years from now.

Thoughts?

2. outie

outie Active Member

Obviously with a PS controller. What else?

• Funny x 1