Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year Anniversary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chasedrgc1223

Nearly Insane
Apr 8, 2015
NJ
Today marks my one year anniversary with my Model S 85D, delivered March 4, 2015. Black Alcantara Headliner, Carbon Fiber, center console, stock wheels, Midnight Silver Metallic, and with all options except rear seats (if you didn't read my signature haha). I've had relatively minor issues with the car, such as a failed charge port door, and various minor rattles, and I've never had a better car. In one year, I've put 43,136.3 miles on it (haven't even driven home yet) and a standard daily charge gets me about 233 miles. It used to be around 245 so I'm a little surprised by the range degradation, but not too concerned about the future. I'm looking at potentially getting a P90D as a summer car, but I simply need the range of the 85D to make it home from work, and I often return home with <5 miles remaining. After driving a P85D, I truly feel satisfied with my 85D, as the power at cruising speed as well as the 3.7-3.8s 0-60 keep me more than satisfied. I have not driven a Ludicrous, which I have been told drastically increases highway acceleration. I love my car, and hope any owners who are looking for the sweet spot of price vs. performance look at a 90D.

Congrats! I will be celebrating *my* One Year Anniversary later this month :biggrin:

So far, other than the charge port door sticking (it's the solenoid style), I haven't had any issues (**knocks on matte Obeche wood**).

Your commute way outstrips mine, but I've put quite a few miles on my S85 as well. Way more than a standard year when I drove my old cars.

Here's to many more years of Tesla ownership!

Somehow my car actually didn't get delivered with the premium package (didn't look over my order form) and I just recently sat in a car with the premium package. I wish I had checked over my final configuration, and made sure that was on there as it is really nice to have softer touch leather all over. Also, that meant I'm missing ambient lighting, which is a nice touch, and had I checked that option then it'd be the same price as a similarly equipped car now. Overall, I'm still overwhelmingly satisfied with the car and hope to cross 100k miles this year. Also, I'm hoping I get a newer 85D or 90D loaner at my 50k miles service to compare the build quality, as I was one of the first to get an 85D in Jersey or really at all. I'm also getting my LTE retrofit and the new rear appliqué on the 17th I think, but I'm not 100% sure when my appointment is!