Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One year of Model 3 ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7A86D578-3D7C-4371-ABF4-AB4D828531B8.jpeg
Valentines Day/February 14th was my 1 year anniversary of the delivery of my Model 3 Mid-Range (RIP). Has been a great year. Best car I have ever owned.

Rotated the tires twice and just got new wheels/tires to replace my OEM aero wheels about 2 weeks ago. No maintenance issues. Rangers came out to rotate my tires. Have an appointment next week to get my brake fluid serviced.

See pic for my mileage and efficiency this past year. Been on a few road trips from the DC area to NYC, Philly and Virginia Beach. Minimal SC use (for the road trips mainly). Used a few times locally when I needed a little juice to get home. My SOC at 100% is about 241 (max mid-range was 264). I know it’s not exact but “lost” about 9-10% range. Hopefully no significant change for the next number of years.

Also plan on getting a Model Y end of the year/early next (debating if I wait for the RWD and/or 7 seater)!

When I first bought it, it was at the advertised ~264. I went through the whole “my battery is degrading to fast” mentality. Did all of the tips and tricks to recalibrate. I “lost” a fair amount of range in the first 6 months. It has pretty much leveled off the past 3-4 months. I don’t worry about it much anymore and just enjoy my car. I recently charged to 100% so the numbers above reflect when I took delivery a year ago compared to now.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
One tire replacement in 30K miles is crazy.

Was just curious as to what you were getting at. “Crazy” as in that they should have lasted longer or that I should have burned through 2 or 3 sets of tires in ~30K miles??

FYI, I got a new set of tires and after market rims because I wanted a new set or tires/rims for what it’s worth and one tire had a bolt in it so used that as my rationale to upgrade.