Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One year of pure heaven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Today marks the first anniversary of taking delivery of our incredible model S, a wet and windy August day in 2015, I can still remember flooring the accelerator up the on ramp for the first time, I can still remember the first Insane run and the scream it induced from the unsuspecting passenger, and I can still remember collecting our 2 year old ICE car from the train station car park and thinking "this petrol things a relic".
i get some interesting questions, "do you have buyers regret yet?" Yes! I regret I don't have the money to buy 2 because it's difficult to get my wife out of the drivers seat. "Is a Tesla as good as they say?" No, it's far better, and I really mean that.
After exactly 1 year we've managed to clock up over 50 000kms, it's really not hard to do, the car is so enjoyable to drive, fast, slow or just cruising along with the traffic flow.
Time to go and start year 2, so many more destinations to explore.

View attachment 190912 Today marks the first anniversary of taking delivery of our incredible model S, a wet and windy August day in 2015, I can still remember flooring the accelerator up the on ramp for the first time, I can still remember the first Insane run and the scream it induced from the unsuspecting passenger, and I can still remember collecting our 2 year old ICE car from the train station car park and thinking "this petrol things a relic".
i get some interesting questions, "do you have buyers regret yet?" Yes! I regret I don't have the money to buy 2 because it's difficult to get my wife out of the drivers seat. "Is a Tesla as good as they say?" No, it's far better, and I really mean that.
After exactly 1 year we've managed to clock up over 50 000kms, it's really not hard to do, the car is so enjoyable to drive, fast, slow or just cruising along with the traffic flow.
Time to go and start year 2, so many more destinations to explore.
Good on you.
Yup, the Model S is ****ing fantastic.
I used to look at Supercars driving past, look through Wheels magazine, think about what I'd like....
Now I drive what I'd like. Awesome.
Enjoy it in good health, Blue heaven.

Great, hopefully getting a 75D before end of this month its posts like these that get you excited as a new user. Looks like good overall Wh/km think that converts to 300 mile range.

For new owners what is the main thing about the MS that makes it stand apart or is it just the overall ownership experience coming together as one package?

Reactions: Blue heaven
Yeah, mine in Sydney is 215. Too many hills here!
Dan43, it is the overall feel of the car. The effortless power even driving normally at say 60 km an hour, it is just so smooth. No Pistons jerking up and down. Just smooth rotary motion with a mild electric hum. Then going up a long incline, no effort, it just happens. Not to mention leaving all the dinosaur poop burners standing at the lights while your linear rate of acceleration rapidly increases the distance between you. Also, my 9 year old grandson just LOVES going for a drive. He thinks it's the best car ever!

Yeah, mine in Sydney is 215. Too many hills here!
Dan43, it is the overall feel of the car. The effortless power even driving normally at say 60 km an hour, it is just so smooth. No Pistons jerking up and down. Just smooth rotary motion with a mild electric hum. Then going up a long incline, no effort, it just happens. Not to mention leaving all the dinosaur poop burners standing at the lights while your linear rate of acceleration rapidly increases the distance between you. Also, my 9 year old grandson just LOVES going for a drive. He thinks it's the best car ever!

In 30 years time youths will look at early 21st century petrol cars in museums and say to each other "what where our ancestors thinking"

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Great, hopefully getting a 75D before end of this month its posts like these that get you excited as a new user. Looks like good overall Wh/km think that converts to 300 mile range.

For new owners what is the main thing about the MS that makes it stand apart or is it just the overall ownership experience coming together as one package?

Hey Dan43, congrats on the 75D, as Dearborn said above terrain is a big factor in range, it's pretty flat where most of my drivings done, also the climate is near perfect for the car, winter here is short so the Heater is hardly used, something you will notice is range is poor over the first 10-12kms even being gentle then as the distance increases the range improves, if you average under 210/km in general driving you should be happy.

Thanks Blue Heaven and Dborn.

Yes that smooth drivetrain, odd at first, but becomes very addictive and thats just in the few test drives I had.

Can't wait for delivery, was at a Supercar Weekend event at Beaulieu UK today and Tesla were there and ran the P90D down the display track along with a whole raft of Porsche/Lambourghini/Ferrari etc.

To add :
I feel the entire ethos is sound too. A car that has continuous updates and is approached like a new technical item with constant evolution, is a change in owning a car. Only visiting a dealer would a car have any updates. My Mercedes E200 has no updates attached to its ownership at all for example.
For me the entire ecology and the car eco-system behind the Tesla is just as important as the physical car itself, which by luck/design drives brilliantly and appears to genuinely give its owners a joyful owning/driving experience.

Agree with your sentiment blue heaven. I'm past a year on the first and approaching a year on the 2nd. If anyone ever feels lonely just park on a busy street and the coversation with strangers flow. These cars are great for community growth! The biggest issue I've had though is the boys in blue. Four times I've been either pulled over or held up....not for speeding, they just want to see if the tesla is as good as the hype. Like you said, nope, its better.

Agree totally - nearly 10 months and can't believe how much I enjoy driving this car. I wasn't a car fanatic and nor a driveaholic but this car has changed me. Even after 2.5hrs of travel daily I'm still disappointed when it ends and look forward to getting back in the next morning. Certainly makes commuting fun (substituted commuting for driving as not sure if the car steering itself is technically me 'driving' :))

Reactions: RichardMcN