Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One year with a Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
June 4th was #500's 1st birthday so it's a good time to look at a year with a Roadster.

18,6042 miles and have found the one spot on earth where the radio reception might be called normal.

Fastest driven, 110 mph (it was an Oops! moment)

1/8th mile on a dragstrip 8.3 seconds (If I remember correctly)

New rears every 5000 miles and new fronts at 10,000 (should check those fronts soon)

The "Nice car!" and "How d-ya like it?" stoplight comments have not waned but relaying those stories to my wife when I get home has. Now she only gets them if they are important people on the job or brand new comments like this week's, "Hey, do you check the battery on that thing by putting your tongue on it?" My actual response, "Yes but only once."

Getting in became much easier when I stopped worrying about scuffing the door sill.

Best improvement on the car is the Electric sticker on the back 3rd brake light. It triples the dialog on what drives the car. Often it's the first thing people say. "It's electric?"

Three times in the shop for warranty repairs. No complaints at service but glad I'm near a store.

Also unhappy with the Starshield lack of coverage inside the doors and the weak headlight coverage especially the pathetic "brights" mode.

Yes it's still a pure joy to drive. If you are having a bad day it makes it better. If you forget your day is better because you are stuck in traffic and you can't remind yourself with a flick of the torque pedal then invariably someone in the car next to you will give you a thumbs up and you smile all over again.

It's also exciting to think this car is one point oh. I took the chance and am thrilled that it only gets better from here.

Fastest driven, 110 mph (it was an Oops! moment)

In most cars that would have required some serious pre-meditation, but in the Roadster you only have to forget to ease up a couple of moments too long!

---

If you could change just one thing, what would it be?