TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Oneplus 6T Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kevincwelch, Feb 28, 2019.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Does anyone else have trouble receiving calls while using your OnePlus 6T connected via Bluetooth? I had no difficulty setting my phone up. I frequently play music from my phone through the stereo. I can make calls using the Tesla interface without a problem. However, frequently when there is an incoming call and I answer it with the Tesla interface, I hear nothing and the individual on the other end doesn't hear anything. It is not consistent.

I have forgotten my phone and added it again several times. I have reset the console. I have reset the phone. I have deleted my Tesla from my phone settings.

Was never a problem with my Pixel or Nexus devices.

2. Termiteant

Termiteant New Member

Yes I have this problem with my Huawei mate 20 pro. I always need to make a dummy call before it works. It did the same thing with my old Samsung S5 phone.. I have the latest firmware on my model s P85d 2015. Very annoying.

3. MMinehan

MMinehan Member

I had the same problem with my Galaxy S9 and came across some posts that suggested a 'temporary' fix. If you adjust the volume just after you make or receive the call,, using the left scroll wheel, it restores the sound. Annoying, but it works for me.

• Like x 1
  4. SBPNW

SBPNW Member

So I have the same issue with my OnePlus6T. As another member noted the "fix" seems to be to adjust the volume. I came upon it accidently as I thought the volume was low and I could not hear the caller.

• Like x 1
  5. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

It's not your phone, this bug has been appearing on and off with Tesla for a while. I also have a OnePlus phone, it works perfectly fine in the three other cars we have in the household, this is 100% a Tesla software issue and it also happens with iPhones, it's not an Android only issue. See here.
    Strange Bluetooth issue with phone calls

• Like x 1
  6. ASC9177

ASC9177 Member

This is a common problem. I have to put my iPhone right in the centre console right away when I get in otherwise the car does not pick up the phone. If I'm streaming something and pick up the phone, it cuts out. Really annoying. Doesn't happen in my wife's car.