Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ongoing Issues with Spotify Integration in Tesla Infotainment System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still havent seen anything that says that these services work over standard connectivity with a hotspot, even though I have seen you say its supposed to work in another thread.

Have you considered subscribing to premium connectivity for 1 month just to try the services and see if they work that way? I am betting they will, which wont make you happy but at least you can stop chasing a solution that is probably not coming, if it does work, and then make other decisions (like sell the car, possibly pursue Tesla regarding confusing media claims, etc).
Here‘s a snapshot of an email from Tesla that says that it’s supposed to work, it’s also on their website and each time I’ve spoken to the customer care they never told me that it’s not supposed to work. They always said that thanks to me the issue has been escalated to the software team. Just that I don’t know when (if) the solution is coming.
FYI:
Disponible en Wi-Fi uniquement avec la Connectivité Standard = Available via wifi only with Standard Connectivity.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 43
Here‘s a snapshot of an email from Tesla that says that it’s supposed to work, it’s also on their website and each time I’ve spoken to the customer care they never told me that it’s not supposed to work. They always said that thanks to me the issue has been escalated to the software team. Just that I don’t know when (if) the solution is coming.
FYI:
Disponible en Wi-Fi uniquement avec la Connectivité Standard = Available via wifi only with Standard Connectivity.

That chart is different than in the US. I am not saying thats a problem, just that its different. My question still stands though, have you considered subscribing to premium connectivity for a month to see if it works? I guarantee 10000% that you have spent more time and effort on troubleshooting and whatever else than 1 month of premium connectivity would cost you to test it.

That chart is different than in the US. I am not saying thats a problem, just that its different. My question still stands though, have you considered subscribing to premium connectivity for a month to see if it works? I guarantee 10000% that you have spent more time and effort on troubleshooting and whatever else than 1 month of premium connectivity would cost you to test it.
I mean I don’t need to test it.
i had premium connectivity for the first month of having the car and yes, it worked. Also, I just responded to another comment on a different thread. The person has a TM3 and a TMY. Uses 2 driver accounts and does not pay for premium connectivity on either of those. Infotainment works over Hotspot/WiFi on one of the accounts. On the other it doesn’t.
He is in the US.
So i am guessing in the US it should work like in France and everywhere else ?
Can you please send the equivalent screenshot of that chart in the US ?
Thanks.

Can you please send the equivalent screenshot of that chart in the US ?
Thanks.

Sure,

Here is a screenshot I just grabbed:

tesla music streaming.PNG

As you can see, the only thing promised under "currently available over wifi with standard connectivity" is caraoke, and internet browser". Specifically music streaming and video streaming have the note that a paid subscription to streaming services is required, but do not specifically call out being available over wifi with standard connectivity (hotspot).

Your screenshot specifically calls that out as available for music streaming, this one does not for the US market. Of course, there are definitely region by region differences (like spotify being the streaming service in non US markets vs slacker / livexone, etc).

Sure,

Here is a screenshot I just grabbed:

View attachment 933666

As you can see, the only thing promised under "currently available over wifi with standard connectivity" is caraoke, and internet browser". Specifically music streaming and video streaming have the note that a paid subscription to streaming services is required, but do not specifically call out being available over wifi with standard connectivity (hotspot).

Your screenshot specifically calls that out as available for music streaming, this one does not for the US market. Of course, there are definitely region by region differences (like spotify being the streaming service in non US markets vs slacker / livexone, etc).
Interesting.
We don’t have slacker/live one & I just realised that none of our lists has TuneIn in there. Not sure you guys get it there but we do here in France (& of course mine doesn’t work on Wifi/Hotspot)
The ** says a paid subscription is needed for these services. That’s a strange thing to say if then it’s not gonna be available with standard connectivity via wifi/hotspot cause my understanding is that if you pay for premium connectivity Tesla creates an account for you on those streaming services? If that’s the case the condition of having a paid subscription becomes redundant IMO.

Interesting.
We don’t have slacker/live one & I just realised that none of our lists has TuneIn in there. Not sure you guys get it there but we do here in France (& of course mine doesn’t work on Wifi/Hotspot)
The ** says a paid subscription is needed for these services. That’s a strange thing to say if then it’s not gonna be available with standard connectivity via wifi/hotspot cause my understanding is that if you pay for premium connectivity Tesla creates an account for you on those streaming services? If that’s the case the condition of having a paid subscription becomes redundant IMO.
No, they dont (create an account for you on those streaming services).

When I had premium connectivity for the first month, I remember that I didn’t have to do anything, create any account.
Those apps just worked.

You mentioned previously that you already had accounts at those services. In the US, you need premium connectivity and also to have a PAID version of those accounts. Tesla does not create anything for you to log into (there is no "Tesla account" for those services), with the exception of slacker/LivexOne, and slacker/livexone is the same service just re branded).