Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online configurator preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Except that during the test drives they said that autopilot hasn't been calibrated for the M3 yet. I imagine it will come pretty early, though, each sale is pure profit for them, as they don't have to deliver any additional hardware.

For that individual vehicle. If you buy an S today, you cannot use Autopilot immediately when you drive it home, it has to calibrate first.

VIN 000659, down 4 bars, our Leaf range is only ¼ of tesla's 220 mile range. Thanks Nissan
:(

The 310 T3 I'm getting is 5x the range of my 2011 Leaf... And that's with a brand new 12 bar battery. When I had lost 4 bars I was getting high 40s. (I live in foothills of LA... Battery used up quick driving home)

So that's 8x the range of my 4bar LEAF. Fubar

Oh and I'm VIn 2106... Just checked. :) Mine was last boat out before Fukashima.

Yep. Except that during the test drives they said that autopilot hasn't been calibrated for the M3 yet. I imagine it will come pretty early, though, each sale is pure profit for them, as they don't have to deliver any additional hardware.
The Autopilot is working in the Model 3, at least some have reported that they tested it. The test drives were still calibrating, like the Model S and X with autopilot 2 had to do after activating autopilot, it usually has to drive for some distance to calibrate.

...Oh and I'm VIn 2106... Just checked. :) Mine was last boat out before Fukashima.

Mine was on the same boat I think. Then they held it at the port for months before letting me have it.
The dealer said "they got coated in pollen and had to wait until they could clean up all the cars."
I think what they meant is "we have to make sure they aren't radioactive before we let people pick them up."
And I think in general, Japanese businesses were in turmoil for a while after that disaster, so delays were almost expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: gambit48
Mine was on the same boat I think. Then they held it at the port for months before letting me have it.
The dealer said "they got coated in pollen and had to wait until they could clean up all the cars."
I think what they meant is "we have to make sure they aren't radioactive before we let people pick them up."
And I think in general, Japanese businesses were in turmoil for a while after that disaster, so delays were almost expected.
Ahhh.... Memories

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ahagge
The 310 T3 I'm getting is 5x the range of my 2011 Leaf... And that's with a brand new 12 bar battery. When I had lost 4 bars I was getting high 40s. (I live in foothills of LA... Battery used up quick driving home)

So that's 8x the range of my 4bar LEAF. Fubar

Oh and I'm VIn 2106... Just checked. :) Mine was last boat out before Fukashima.

My first leaf was VIN#00535. Since it was a lease, traded it for a newer better Leaf with 2/3rd the payment. On second leaf lost one bar after two years. 60 mile daily commuter was fine, but could not do anything else. Hope M3 holds up the range better than the Leaf over years.

Still leaning towards leasing M3 for the same reason. Hopefully the configurator will show lease options in next few months when delivery time comes.

Tesla is "okay" in their trade-in program, as in dealership okay middle of the road valuation. You certainly would do far better selling your car as a private party via Craigslist, Autotrader, or other current medium to sell. I would check the value of your car if you're strongly considering donating to your church (in terms of max write-off). Of course you may just be passionate about giving to your church regardless of tax value. ;)
And I'd be a little worried using Tesla's trade in. Strictly speaking, your friend is violating his agreement with Tesla by transferring "his" employee reservation to you. Not that I expect a witch hunt, but at the same time while force Tesla to acknowledge its not his by trading in your car, with your pink slip, for this car? Go to one of the major chains to sell your used car, and keep your life simpler.

Reactions: SCW-Greg
As hard as it is to believe, apparently it was indeed a pollen problem.

is Tesla still being tight-lipped about capacity of both 300 & 210 mile traction packs? Tesla has already found it financially advantageous to use the same pack - then allow software upgrades, so I'm wondering if the model 3 is just that ...... 1 pack with an upgradeability

The pack capacities are "known" based on information Tesla has had to feed the government for their testing.

Last I saw it was a 55 kilowatt pack in the SR version and 80 kilowatt pack in LR.

Also explains why Tesla dropped the KW badging from the cars... they don't want the person with $45,000 "80" model 3 car making the guy who spent $90,000 on his S75 feel bad.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Also explains why Tesla dropped the KW badging from the cars... they don't want the person with $45,000 "80" model 3 car making the guy who spent $90,000 on his S75 feel bad.

I think it's just the opposite. Because the Model 3 is more efficient than its competitors, they don't want people thinking that a M3 SR is far shorter range than a Bolt, when it's actually only slightly shorter range.

Reactions: ChadS
is there a picture of a 3 parked beside an S yet?

:cool:

Tesla-Model 3-X-S-family.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
The pack capacities are "known" based on information Tesla has had to feed the government for their testing.

Last I saw it was a 55 kilowatt pack in the SR version and 80 kilowatt pack in LR.

...but the S is a 2x better overall car than the 3 :p