Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online Delivery Date Accuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my SR+ on May 10 and got the vin from Tesla rep, but the website still doesn’t show the vin or delivery date. The longest I wait for a special order car was 7 months. Hope this one doesn’t come close to that.

Hello everyone,

I ordered my Model 3 SR+ from Tesla Vancouver on May 4th. I recently just finished accepting the trade in offer and the instant I finished that, my delivery date appeared on my Tesla account. It's got the delivery date listed as June 1st at 11:30am which seems extremely accurate, and matches the timeline I was given by the sales guy when ordering (4 weeks). However, I have yet to receive any calls, emails, smoke signals, or any other confirmation from Tesla themselves confirming this date. Do they just not bother telling people about this rather important date, or is the time shown on the website just an estimate? I have yet to be assigned a VIN, so I'm kind of wondering what is going on. Thanks!

Adam

Seems reasonable. I am in Vancouver and my timeline to date is:
  • May 4: Online order in the evening (black SR+, black interior, 19" sport wheel)
  • May 5: Account says 2-4 weeks delivery
  • May 11: Delivery date given (May 22)
  • May 15: VIN shows up in account
  • May 16: Call from Vancouver Delivery Centre to move delivery date up by one day to May 21
  • May 17: Call from Tesla to confirm delivery date and details
  • May 21: Delivery date (to be confirmed)
If nothing changes between now and Tuesday, then total time from order to delivery will be 2.5 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: AdamMacDon
EV-CPO shows 596 cars in inventory for US sales. Last week was under 100 so they are definitely making some cars for US deliveries.

Tesla has been adding hundreds of cars to listed available new inventory the last two days - now over 600 Model 3s and MSs.. and 200 MX.

I think due to the cash-crunch, they're finally listing all available inventory online (as opposed to holding some back internally) in hopes to move some of this inventory off their books for a cash boost.

Seems reasonable. I am in Vancouver and my timeline to date is:
  • May 4: Online order in the evening (black SR+, black interior, 19" sport wheel)
  • May 5: Account says 2-4 weeks delivery
  • May 11: Delivery date given (May 22)
  • May 15: VIN shows up in account
  • May 16: Call from Vancouver Delivery Centre to move delivery date up by one day to May 21
  • May 17: Call from Tesla to confirm delivery date and details
  • May 21: Delivery date (to be confirmed)
If nothing changes between now and Tuesday, then total time from order to delivery will be 2.5 weeks.
Wow that's a really fast process, hopefully you actually get it on the 21st. That'd be pretty impressive! Let us know how it goes on Tuesday.

64C10D53-9438-4721-B5A3-48D8ACF91439.jpeg
Nope a few of your configurations out there

Do not pay much attention to the two week estimate that you receive when you order, especially if you are ordering a white interior. Analyzing the spreadsheet, white interiors appear to be at least a 4-6 week wait, and some buyers are waiting longer.