Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ONLINE MAG INSIDE EVS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to find the right place to post this. I know this isn't the place, but........Online mag Inside EV's tests EV range. They charge up to 100$ then drive till the car drops, so to speak. My question is: Do they not know about battery degradation ? I'm sure they must, but I'll be darn if I'll let them cnarge my car to 100$ and then drive it to zero or less.

So? What gives with these people on Inside EV's ??? It makes no sense to me to ruin/degrade a battery like this.

• Funny
Reactions: Yurand
They charge up to 100$ then drive till the car drops, so to speak. My question is: Do they not know about battery degradation ?
Well sure, of course they do. But that's literally the only way to measure how much energy is in the battery, is to take the energy out of the battery. Everything else is kind of estimates and educated guessing. So yes, of course it degrades that particular car, but it's data that can be presented as informative for the fleet of those types of cars. It's just taking data, and sometimes the process of taking data destroys or damages the sample. That's how science works.

but I'll be darn if I'll let them cnarge my car to 100$ and then drive it to zero or less.
Wait, WHAT?! Are they actually asking YOU to lend your car to them to conduct this testing on YOUR car? That seems highly unlikely, and is merely hysteria on your part.

And by the way, the symbol you're looking for is %, not $.