Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online ordering all weather interior mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the winter mats a long time ago as soon as they became available because I really like the WeatherTech mats and feared they would be sold out if I waited. I just paid the purchase price and delivery fee on-line and they showed up at my door. There were no "extra" charges upon delivery. I also got the rolling Tesla duffle bag and some touch-up paint on the same order.

Discoducky: the OP was asking as shipments to
Canada should be assessed HST if the HST > $20. FedEx Ground and UPS charge outrageous brokerage fees for handling the HST paperwork — I've had a few shipments where the brokerage fee was more than the value of the goods themselves!

I paid the extra for the air delivery as FedEx Air apparently includes any brokerage charges, and the difference was less than the brokerage fees I've paid previously. That said, we didn't have any HST to pay.

Did you pick the ground shipping or the express shipping? Thx

I ordered the winter mats so early that I just opted for standard shipping. I wasn't in a hurry. They showed up in under two weeks as I recall.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid the extra for the air delivery as FedEx Air apparently includes any brokerage charges, and the difference was less than the brokerage fees I've paid previously. That said, we didn't have any HST to pay.

I took Standard Delivery and didn't have any kind of duty or brokerage fees added. I have had those excessive charges in the past (from other vendors) and do know what you're talking about!

i note that Weathertech has its digital liner mats for the Model S. i have used their mats in other cars and liked them. did you choose the Tesla winter mats over the Weathertech for a particular reason?

thanks.

I ordered the winter mats so early that I just opted for standard shipping. I wasn't in a hurry. They showed up in under two weeks as I recall.

- - - Updated - - -

I took Standard Delivery and didn't have any kind of duty or brokerage fees added. I have had those excessive charges in the past (from other vendors) and do know what you're talking about!

I ordered the winter mats a long time ago as soon as they became available because I really like the WeatherTech mats and feared they would be sold out if I waited. I just paid the purchase price and delivery fee on-line and they showed up at my door. There were no "extra" charges upon delivery. I also got the rolling Tesla duffle bag and some touch-up paint on the same order.

How do you like the winter mats? I have not seen them in person, but I have used WeatherTech products before, and I like them. Any issues with these? Good fit?

How do you like the winter mats? I have not seen them in person, but I have used WeatherTech products before, and I like them. Any issues with these? Good fit?

They're hardish plastic, not rubber. Great fit, and the puddle ridges look like they'll be easy to clean. The front mats have a lot of depth: it looks like they could hold 2cm of water without leaking. The rear mat doesn't have the same depth.

I have the Tesla floor liners. On the back you can see they are made by Weathertech. They are $49.90 more from Weathertech. I am quite happy with mine. They are very easy to clean. I don't know the price difference when shipping and taxes are added.

i note that Weathertech has its digital liner mats for the Model S. i have used their mats in other cars and liked them. did you choose the Tesla winter mats over the Weathertech for a particular reason?

At the time I ordered, WeatherTech did not have a version for the Model S. I had been "hounding" them by e-mail to make some available when Tesla came out with their own. The Tesla mats are clearly WeatherTech, so I assumed that WeatherTech and Tesla had struck some kind of "exclusive" deal and just went ahead and ordered them from the Tesla Store.

Canadians, What site did you guys order the mats from? They are $200 for front and back on the Tesla.com site and $186.95 at the Weather Tech site. So Weather Tech site seems a tad cheaper for the same mats. I phoned the Toronto service center and they said that all the mats were currently sold out and they won't have any new ones for a few weeks. The guy on the phone also didn't know the cost of the mats.

Emil.

Canadians, What site did you guys order the mats from? They are $200 for front and back on the Tesla.com site and $186.95 at the Weather Tech site. So Weather Tech site seems a tad cheaper for the same mats. I phoned the Toronto service center and they said that all the mats were currently sold out and they won't have any new ones for a few weeks. The guy on the phone also didn't know the cost of the mats.

Emil.
Are you looking at the Digital Fit and on the Canadian site?
See here
2013 Tesla Model S | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech.ca

I just ordered a set on teslamotors.com I have ordered a lot from there.They were the $200 plus $41.79 for shipping