Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online routing takes to wrong address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

For past year or so, I think probably when they introduced online routing, the map routes to the wrong location when i enter my home address even though it shows the destination marker correctly. It looks like it is the local post office.

If I disable online routing it does fine. Strangely, it routes correctly if I enter my neighbor’s address. Even if i share my home address from my phone to Tesla, same thing. I’ve also tried marking/saving the location on the map and it gives the same error.

Seems to me the database Tesla uses for online routing is not able to resolve just to my address.

Quite strange.

I have a similar problem - house is located correctly but instructions at the last turn says to go left when it should turn right - very frustrating for others (eg tesla mobile service, uber, etc) - I think they use google maps data base and I can't get google to fix it either :(

• Informative
Reactions: int-veh
Getting to my house from the highway I pass a bifurcation in the road.
To go to my house I need to take the left branch, and it correctly displays as left on the navigation screen, but the voice always tells me to take the right branch...
It's happening since I installed maps EU-2019.20-10482; with previous version of the maps the voice was giving the correct "left" instruction.

• Informative
Reactions: int-veh
I have a similar problem - house is located correctly but instructions at the last turn says to go left when it should turn right - very frustrating for others (eg tesla mobile service, uber, etc) - I think they use google maps data base and I can't get google to fix it either :(
In my case only the Tesla online routing has this issue. All other maps work fine. In fact i realized this problem first when Tesla service delivered back the vehicle and the driver had trouble getting to our place.