TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Online routing takes to wrong address

Discussion in 'Model S' started by int-veh, Oct 20, 2019.

1. int-veh

int-veh Member

Checking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

For past year or so, I think probably when they introduced online routing, the map routes to the wrong location when i enter my home address even though it shows the destination marker correctly. It looks like it is the local post office.

If I disable online routing it does fine. Strangely, it routes correctly if I enter my neighbor’s address. Even if i share my home address from my phone to Tesla, same thing. I’ve also tried marking/saving the location on the map and it gives the same error.

Seems to me the database Tesla uses for online routing is not able to resolve just to my address.

Quite strange.

2. Tessaract

Tessaract Member

Does the local post office route to your address? ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

It sounds very much like your neighbourhood is going down-market and the car wants to keep it's street cred..."I'll just park round the block and let you walk.."

• Funny x 1
  4. sceptic

sceptic Member

I have a similar problem - house is located correctly but instructions at the last turn says to go left when it should turn right - very frustrating for others (eg tesla mobile service, uber, etc) - I think they use google maps data base and I can't get google to fix it either :(

• Informative x 1
  5. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

This used to happen with my former work address. Then it was fixed. Then I got a new work address, and the nav doesn't realize that I have arrived at work once I park. Maybe it'll be fixed before my next office move.

• Informative x 1
  6. f205v

f205v Member

Getting to my house from the highway I pass a bifurcation in the road.
    To go to my house I need to take the left branch, and it correctly displays as left on the navigation screen, but the voice always tells me to take the right branch...
    It's happening since I installed maps EU-2019.20-10482; with previous version of the maps the voice was giving the correct "left" instruction.

• Informative x 1
  7. int-veh

int-veh Member

In my case only the Tesla online routing has this issue. All other maps work fine. In fact i realized this problem first when Tesla service delivered back the vehicle and the driver had trouble getting to our place.