Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online routing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any online routing/navigation programs that take round trips into account? I tried two sites, but they let me enter only a one-way route.

I tried a route from my home to my hotel in Gatlinburg, TN. They get me there with only about 10% charge, and no convenient destination chargers.

After zooming out on the map, I can see a supercharger that would add a half hour to the drive in each direction, but the routing software wouldn't know it was a needed charge.

Does the onboard navigation software in the car allow entering round trips?

If it has an option to "Add a Stop" - enter your destination as a stop, and put your start point in as both the origin and destination - you can do it with planner on Tesla's website, I assume most other planners will do it too.
That worked! It led me to the out-of-the-way supercharger on the way, but didn't need that detour on the return leg.

It sounds like you have a solution from Alistairuk that will work for you. A Better Route planner also allows you to add a stop so you could route Home->hotel->Home. (FWIW I found an easier way to set the destination % by clicking the settings gear icon next to the destination entry.)
upload_2020-7-5_9-48-14.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Carolina Karl
It sounds like you have a solution from Alistairuk that will work for you. A Better Route planner also allows you to add a stop so you could route Home->hotel->Home. (FWIW I found an easier way to set the destination % by clicking the settings gear icon next to the destination entry.)
View attachment 560736
Thanks. I missed seeing that "Add" icon. It gives the same result as does the Tesla navigation site.