TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Online Store Sales

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by phildas1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. phildas1

phildas1 Member

I ordered a tire repair kit from the online store right after I received my MX a month ago. Instead of a tire repair kit I received black wheel center caps and nut covers. I have emailed the online store 3 times without a response. Does anyone have a phone number for the online store?

2. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

Same here.
    Ordered a USB-C cord. Received an envelope with nothing in it.
    Emailed them twice without a response.
    Hope to find a phone number soon.

3. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

That’s concerning for sure. I ordered all weather mats, and they said they’ve shipped already. I’ll keep an eye out for them and see if that order got screwed up.

4. pkodali

pkodali Member

A tip for future buyers: If you have a local service center, you are way better off ordering to them because they will check and make sure you got the right item and you have someone direct to complain to

• Like x 1
  5. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

I have it worse... I ordered a bunch of stuff for around 1k, and got charged 4 times for it! I just wrote an email to them but it sounds like I shouldn't be optimistic in hearing back from them... I'm not sure what to do next though...

• Love x 1
  6. bundy3

bundy3 Member

I hate to say it but... chargeback with your CC for the extra 3 transactions? Maybe it'll get their attention.

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Go to your TESLA ACCOUNT page and file a support ticket for "executive escalation".

I had to do this recently with an online store order where FedEx lost a Wall Charger shipment. I filed a claim with FedEx, but since Tesla was the shipper, FedEx paid them the full amount of the claim. After several emails to the generic store email address that the order status emails come from, I got no response and no way to get my $500 back to re-order. I had to file an "executive escalation" form to get someone's attention. They were VERY helpful in getting me a refund, but they said they were totally revamping the team that runs the store, so it's in extreme disarray. But this was two months ago, I would have hoped they fixed it by now...but guess not. The more people that complain about these things, the more they'll have to actually go fix all the problems.

• Like x 1
  8. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

Where is that escalation option? I actually don't pick up the car until Tuesday, so is it possible I don't have that option yet?

9. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

You are all living my nightmare along with many others! Credit card charge back and I was able to trade some items to SC and that was the only way I could get any satisfaction. Good luck!

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Correct not active until u pick up car than will show in ur account

11. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

I actually really need black lug nut covers if you end up getting to keep them :)

• Funny x 1
  12. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

Great suggestion! Had response within one hour that my cable is being re-shipped. 3 emails hadn't worked up until that point. Thank you!

• Like x 1
  13. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I received my all weather mats for the frunk, front seats and rear seats within 1 week of placing the order. The parts were correct. The material is flimsier than I had originally expected based on my previous lexus all weather mats (from lexus) but I'll see how it goes. It definitely seems a lot easier to use being lightweight, so it might be nice. It feels more like plastic than rubber, but that's besides the point.

Got what I ordered in short order, so one good experience here at least.

14. Kestes

Kestes Member

It is very similar to the fact that the store had temporary problems with the site code to send orders. Most likely this problem has already been solved. Simply, there is not always a clear control over the operation of web development services, which must be done constantly. I hope in the future the site team will be more attentive to the work of their applications and web solutions. This is in their interest.

15. HarmonyOne

HarmonyOne New Member

It's good that all have been eliminated. it is not possible that some of the features of the site worked poorly. This lowers the trust. Meanwhile, the site is very popular. It is necessary to hire good programmers and developers who will constantly monitor the work of the site applications.

16. posity

posity Member

The online store is a mess. I am trying to order mats for my Model X 5-seater, charge adapters, paint touch-up, etc and the only way I've been able to get it to work is to make 'anonymous' purchases (instead of using my email associated with my car) and buy items one at a time. So far I've only been able to purchase the mats. It fails every time I try to order a charge adapter, or the paint touchup kit, or...

The weird part is the online store is inconsistent. It fails with various symptoms rather than always doing the same thing.

So I sent an email. No response. And called their number. No human will answer. Ridiculous.

Whoever is running their ecommerce is doing a VERY bad job...

• Like x 1
  17. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

I finally got a response when I escalated my issue from the Tesla page, but the person who responded just said that I received my items, and ignored the fact that I got charged 4 times for them. If I don't hear anything by tonight, I'm just going to have to call my bank and dispute the charges I guess...

• Like x 1
  18. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

That’s weird. I was able to order my mats just fine logged into my Tesla account. I didn’t register a card on that account though, so I specified payment info separately.

19. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I wouldn’t even wait for Tesla. It doesn’t hurt them at all. Just call up your CC company and tell them you got charged 4x and to resolve it.

• Like x 2
  20. phildas1

phildas1 Member

I can't find the executive escatation form. Where is it on the "Tesla Account " page?