Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online survey on fostering and improving electric vehicles and the adoption of its services (Tesla cars as case study).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mods should check on this poster's IP. Seems very suspicious.

The phrasing of some of the questions are incredibly biased. If you really are doing your PHD you can basically throw away this survey as evidence.

For example:

I am concerned because Tesla keeps changing the rules for electric vehicle owners, such as the period of warranty.
(1) Strongly Disagree(2) Disagree(3) Somewhat disagree(4) Neutral(5) Somewhat agree(6) Agree(7) Strongly Agree

This question implies that as a matter of fact Tesla "keep changing the period of warranty" when in fact they do not.

There is a tone throughout the entire survey that risk of data theft, data leakage or any other mis-use of personal data is in fact higher with a Tesla than with another vehicle manufacturer. There is no basis for this. Why mention Tesla at all? Why not phrase the questions as

"Did Tesla's proven track record on security and privacy influence your decision in buying your vehicle?" Note that sentence would be biased too but just the other way around. If you are going to be biased in one direction, you have to have a balance the other way too so that your results aren't polluted with inherent negative bias.
Thanks for your comments.
We developed this question based on interviews conducted with Tesla owners and we checked this link: Tesla Cuts Down Warranty Period on Used Cars to Just One Year With No Explanation

Thanks for your comments.
We developed this question based on interviews conducted with Tesla owners and we checked this link: Tesla Cuts Down Warranty Period on Used Cars to Just One Year With No Explanation
Relevance mate, that isn't the case in Australia re warranty...this survey is meant to be about EV for Australia/acceptance....right? Oh...sorry....I know...it's about how you can get a bunch of Tesla drivers to answer your stupid survey (quote they're actual Tesla drivers) and then use it is a "here, look...Tesla people hate their cars for X, Y, Z reason"....

Reactions: Gayle S
I am concerned because Tesla keeps changing the rules for electric vehicle owners, such as the period of warranty.
(1) Strongly Disagree(2) Disagree(3) Somewhat disagree(4) Neutral(5) Somewhat agree(6) Agree(7) Strongly Agree
A more neutral way to phrase a question like that would be

How do you feel about the warranty on your Tesla vehicle?

Really? The survey asks that?

What "rules" does Tesla "change" for electric vehicle owners?

Confirms my suspicions that this is not a well-designed or constructed survey, that the questions are poorly written, and no useful information of any scientific credibility whatsoever will result from it.

That particular question got a Strongly Disagree from me, and I suspect most answering it
It actually shows how incredibly bad the question is. Its clearly written in a negative context so your answer moa999 is correct, however since tesla first entered australia the warranties have actually increased, which is positive. So although I agree tesla have change the warranty I have only seem it chnge for the better (as have most car brands), but that isnt an option in this very biased line of survey. I’d go so far as to say this individual does not deserve a PHD.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
It actually shows how incredibly bad the question is. Its clearly written in a negative context so your answer moa999 is correct, however since tesla first entered australia the warranties have actually increased, which is positive. So although I agree tesla have change the warranty I have only seem it chnge for the better (as have most car brands), but that isnt an option in this very biased line of survey. I’d go so far as to say this individual does not deserve a PHD.
Agreed, my father that does hold a PhD (in mathematics no less) laughed at the survey…

We are all bombarded nowadays with requests for opinions/surveys/etc after buying something or using banking and so on - 90% of the surveys are badly designed and ambiguous in parts. Even the questions that appear not to be biassing replies often show that the originator hasn't thought very much about the fact that many people doing the survey don't actually fit the question's target, and when it refuses to go "next" some folk just put in totally inappropriate responses!