Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only 1 Left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the Menlo Park store early today and they told me there were only 2 more available in the US and both were in the Menlo Park store (not in Santana Row). We were just there to get a jacket so I didn't really have time to get more details. They have a few additional roadsters in Menlo Park that are scheduled for delivery, 3 "museum" cars that they won't be selling and they have a few already sold units that they let customer store in the showroom (Mascar seems to be doing this).

I'm more than a little annoyed that MotorTrend is taking a not-so-subtle swipe at the Tesla Roadster by picturing it on a flatbed truck in their recent Rest in Pieces – Cars that Bit the Dust in 2011 article. None of the other vehicles in the article are shown in this way, leading me to conclude that MotorTrend is apparently not staffed by professional journalists anymore. Or maybe they never were.

2010-tesla-roadster-sport-on-flatbed-300x187.jpg

I'm more than a little annoyed that MotorTrend is taking a not-so-subtle swipe at the Tesla Roadster by picturing it on a flatbed truck in their recent Rest in Pieces – Cars that Bit the Dust in 2011 article. None of the other vehicles in the article are shown in this way, leading me to conclude that MotorTrend is apparently not staffed by professional journalists anymore. Or maybe they never were.

2010-tesla-roadster-sport-on-flatbed-300x187.jpg

Well, that is a scene from the MotorTrend run-off against the Boxster Spyder, which was pretty favorable.
They probably chose it because it was something they had rights to already, and the scene is "cute".

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some conflicting information here. I heard that the last non-Final-Five Roadster did, in fact, sell (again), but that the penultimate VIN (1463) is still for sale.

I don't believe the Final-Five were ever on Tesla's lists, so perhaps that explains the difference?

If 1463 has sold, then that's great. I don't think Tesla wanted to try to sell a Roadster in 2012 - the Traction Control and other waivers expire today (12/31/2011).

I had heard that Elon wanted all the roadsters off the books in the US in 2011 and that he might even buy it (possibly to resell it later or put it in a museum). So I am not surprised that they are all gone. Now we will see what happens to the value. Although I am actually more worried about what would happen if the car is totaled in an accident. My wife and I were just talking about buying a used roadster just in case. We would drive both but I had a vision of a "parts" car out on cinder blocks in front of the house... Unfortunately we can't afford to do that but if we could I think we would seriously consider it.

The Tesla Online Inventory still lists #1205 Jet Black with 186 miles at Newport and #1429 Arctic White with 76 miles at Santana Row. No idea how accurate the site is, but it correlates with the report that financing fell through for the black and white cars.

1463 Still in Menlo Park Store

Last Roadster, #1463 is still on display in Menlo Park store without a "Don't touch, customer owned car" on it. I assume that it may still be available. Close to $200,000 with all options. Suited for collector most likely.

Attachments

• 1463.jpg
    1463.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
The counter of the Tesla web-site says 2100 + Roadsters but the VIN# of the last one is 1463...?
I'm not following this forum frequently so I might have missed something...

Short answer is that VIN #1464 is last NORTH AMERICAN VIN. There is a separate sequence for non-USA/Canada (primarily Europe) that adds another 500+

Went by the Santana Row store today and heard that all US Roadsters are now gone. The last one, one of the "final five", sold just before Christmas at around $200k (as was already reported in the thread - just more recently confirmed).