Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only a month in and someone does this ... argh.. city parking...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2018-8-21_14-43-4.png

Looks like someone scraped my bumper after trying to park and ran off.
Most of the residue came off.. but definitely scraped off a bunch of paint :(

I wonder if PPF would have been enough protection against something like this. We didn't end up getting it, but might need to rethink that.

That really sucks...sorry to hear. I didn't get any PPF on my 3 because I figured if it were anything significant enough, it would damage the PPF to the point that you would need to reinstall it AND repaint the affected area. I would rather just get minor touch ups to any bumper damage, and I would think you could get your paint scrape professionally touched up for a lot less $ and come out looking great.

Reactions: hoang51 and ezevphl
You and I are in the same scenario. However I have PPF.....but it probably needs to be replaced.

Some asshole scraped the bumper of my car.

Looks like the same thing. I think mine took a bigger hit, but its hard to tell with the ppf protection on yours.

Hopefully it can be touched up without repainting the whole thing.

It would be nice if Elon hurried up with that dashcam functionality.. I'd love to see the cameras activate if someone does this..

Looks like someone scraped my bumper after trying to park and ran off.
Most of the residue came off.. but definitely scraped off a bunch of paint :(
I feel your pain. My first new car ever was only a week old when someone put a 2-foot long scratch on the door. I was parking in a lot with tight spaces, and I think it was an accident, since it wasn't deep, but they didn't leave a note. Good news is yours is fixable.

Those that are getting scratched. Are you backing into the spot?

Seems like people cannot see the front hood as well ask the back (where the rear bumper sits up higher) so they misjudge and scrap the front.
While I find the sensors a bit overly conservative, I would still pay attention to make sure I don't hit something with a brand new car.
I was parked on the right side of the street and I can only guess that someone pulled in forward.

Just an update on my situation... I went to see my PFF installer. He said he's 100% sure the paint under has not been scratched. He'll redo my clearbra for half his front bumper price of $300. However, he's fully booked at this time. Let me know how much it'll cost for your repaint!

Just an update on my situation... I went to see my PFF installer. He said he's 100% sure the paint under has not been scratched. He'll redo my clearbra for half his front bumper price of $300. However, he's fully booked at this time. Let me know how much it'll cost for your repaint!

I'm going to try to see if I can get Tesla to touch it up because they need to fix the paint in another spot on the car. The door seal is scratching the paint and leaving marks.